• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

el duderino

Reaction score

Those RRL olive denim pants that were on sale at Barneys still around anywhere? looking to help a friend obtain a pair.

If you are talking about the straight legs in olive, yeah, call a RRL store and they should be able to locate them for you, should be ~60% off now.

RRL CLOTHING

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Barney's outlet had some for.. $120?

I'll go tomorrow and see if the 30% off applies to that (if they're still there.)

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
someone wanna try washing and shrinking their selvedge denim officer chinos? not it!

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those 1+ year RRL Slim Fits one wash look great. You don't really see too many progress pics in here. I have a pair at the 5 month mark with 1 soak and it is still pretty dark. You can only really see the wear in direct sunlight.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah, I have some low straight one-washes that are at 4.5 months. They have had 1 wash and are still very dark. Getting decent wallet fade, and can just barely make out some whiskering in bright light. Love the jeans though, my favorite pair I've had so far because the fit is just absolutely perfect for me.

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice fades on those once washed. Anyone have pics of fades on a rinsed pair, curious to see if there's a noticeable difference between the two.

Roggie Rog

Reaction score
someone wanna try washing and shrinking their selvedge denim officer chinos? not it!

I got a couple of food stains on the thigh and had my girlfriend wash them in cold water and hung them to dry. She then (by hand) spot treated the stain, rinsed, and hung to dry. I wore them today and they're fine.

RaggMan

Reaction score

RaggMan - how many washes have those had over the time you've worn them? I like the look, nice general fading and not too much contrast (which I don't care for).

Well, I wore these for 6-7 months - minimum of 3-4 days a week, especially when doing anything active. The first soak was while wearing in tub warm water- cleaned and scrubbed them with sponge loofa :) my GF nearly killed me after leaving a sweet indigo ring around the tub. I got aot of indigo out that way, these are saturated with indigo and dry crocked alot up until that wash. I think RRL bakes them after rinse to get that crisp wrinkled effect they have when purchased new. Anyhow, I continued weekly wear with just soak washes once a month with Aesop. I did try a saltwater rinse over this past summer as well. I've since moved to cold water wash at least 2x a week and hang dry. I also now throw in dryer once a month to shrink down so heat may contribute to continue loss.

Thanks all

Last edited:

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I got a couple of food stains on the thigh and had my girlfriend wash them in cold water and hung them to dry. She then (by hand) spot treated the stain, rinsed, and hung to dry. I wore them today and they're fine.
no shrinkage? because peeps are saying these run larger than their selvedge khaki counterparts, im worried. i get mine next week

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice fades on those once washed. Anyone have pics of fades on a rinsed pair, curious to see if there's a noticeable difference between the two.

They have a rinsed pair too? I thought RRL made a raw and a one wash, then a bunch of pre-faded/distressed pairs.

engar

Reaction score

If you are talking about the straight legs in olive, yeah, call a RRL store and they should be able to locate them for you, should be ~60% off now.

You mean the washed olive?

Someone tried to tailor a pair of Slim bootcut into slim straight?

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They have a rinsed pair too? I thought RRL made a raw and a one wash, then a bunch of pre-faded/distressed pairs.

I think once washed replaced rinse but they're essentially the same thing. I'm probably wrong, though :/

Dynamics

Reaction score

Barney's outlet had some for.. $120?

I'll go tomorrow and see if the 30% off applies to that (if they're still there.)

Thanks, greatly appreciated. Would need a 33, just to make sure its these from F/W

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360-RALPH-L...867549?pt=US_CSA_MC_Jeans&hash=item35b5c5375d

Will also do this, thanks man.

Last edited:

Roggie Rog

Reaction score
no shrinkage? because peeps are saying these run larger than their selvedge khaki counterparts, im worried. i get mine next week

Whoops! My big mistake, I misread and meant my selvedge twill, not denim, khakis I had washed with no shrinkage. I'm waiting for delivery of my denim ones scheduled for Monday, which I'm sure will shrink when coming into contact with water.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads