The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

1. Cooly

Cooly Senior member

It's not a "slim" RRL ..its on the looser slide for RRL ...(but with all RRL it's still trim for a shirt). As mentioned, I got the sense it was meant to be worn untucked with some shorts on a summer day...it definitely looked good that way on the one hot day we had in SF this past weekend (may be the only day this summer I'll be able to wear it here :) )

2. styleforumfan

styleforumfan Senior member

Does it say "dry clean only" on the tag?

3. Cooly

Cooly Senior member

no..it says wash cold and tumble dry low ...pretty awesome for 100% linen shirt...

4. styleforumfan

styleforumfan Senior member

I usually wear size small but "slim" RRL fits too tight for my chest so I need to upsize to medium followed by a trip to the tailor (I'm 5'7" and medium usually runs long on me). Is it safe to order this linen shirt in small since you said it's a looser fit?

Is the picture on the RL site an accurate representation of what the actual shirt looks like in person?

5. Cooly

Cooly Senior member

Hmmm I'm an RRL medium and it fits me very well, while the slim shirts are usually pretty fitted/snug... it's definitely not snug like the "slim" labeled shirts...

Its actually pretty true to the color on-line ...here's a pic I took from this weekend that I posted to IG (with the Wilberforces, rigid navy chinos, and leather belt ...but IMHO it actually looks better with shorts, not rigid chinos :) ):
    IMG_0101.JPG

Last edited: May 23, 2017 at 7:18 PM
  6. oynag

oynag Senior member

I was up early for that one. Waited that motherfather out the whole dang season. Will post pictures. And then it goes into the sweater vault until December or I move to Australia.