• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BaronFizzwell

Reaction score
I don't mean to be off topic, but I've started a bit of a search for three shirts that I foolishly sold when I was consolidating my collection that I now realise I actually really liked.

The irony is that at the time of the sales, about three to six months ago, these shirts were all over Ebay, it seemed, and now they're like hens' teeth.

Has anyone come across the Railroad Jaspe Schneider, Jackrabbit Antique Print or Black Striped Bulldog Shirts lately?

This is the Jackrabbit Antique Print Shirt:

s-l1600.jpg

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RRL newbie, picked up an indigo work shirt from Cedar and Hyde a while ago. I've never had a shirt like this before. Do you guys recommend washing before wearing to prevent indigo stains?

BaronFizzwell

Reaction score
RRL newbie, picked up an indigo work shirt from Cedar and Hyde a while ago. I've never had a shirt like this before. Do you guys recommend washing before wearing to prevent indigo stains?

Not only that, but I'd recommend washing it separately as long as you have it. I've made the mistake of washing RRL Indigo Shirts that I've had for nearly three years with white singlets, and the blue still bled and stained them. You can only really wash them with others of the same type.

aquila49

Reaction score
Argh at inconsistent denim sizing. I own at least 16 pairs of RRL denim, including 7 or 8 in low straights so was sure I had my sizing dialed in at W31 to W32. Order a pair of rigid low straights in a W32 and they fit like Levis 501 had I sized up a couple sizes!! WTFFFFFF????

I feel your pain. I seem to have settled nicely into a 31 waist but then the sizing went bonkers.

Nowadays I ask the sales rep to send me a couple of sizes to try on. I return the one that doesn't fit. Laborious, I know.

aquila49

Reaction score
Hmmm I'm an RRL medium and it fits me very well, while the slim shirts are usually pretty fitted/snug... it's definitely not snug like the "slim" labeled shirts...

Its actually pretty true to the color on-line ...here's a pic I took from this weekend that I posted to IG (with the Wilberforces, rigid navy chinos, and leather belt ...but IMHO it actually looks better with shorts, not rigid chinos :) ):
View attachment 786501

What season are those rigid blue/navy chinos from? Been looking for indigo/blue in a chino for awhile.

BaronFizzwell

Reaction score
I feel your pain. I seem to have settled nicely into a 31 waist but then the sizing went bonkers.

Nowadays I ask the sales rep to send me a couple of sizes to try on. I return the one that doesn't fit. Laborious, I know.

If you think those are bad, you should try the Cotton Jaspe Trousers from a couple of years ago, the waist on the 31" pairs were about the equivalent of a 34", made no sense whatsoever.

fwedo

Reaction score
Hmmm I'm an RRL medium and it fits me very well, while the slim shirts are usually pretty fitted/snug... it's definitely not snug like the "slim" labeled shirts...

Its actually pretty true to the color on-line ...here's a pic I took from this weekend that I posted to IG (with the Wilberforces, rigid navy chinos, and leather belt ...but IMHO it actually looks better with shorts, not rigid chinos :) ):
View attachment 786501

I also have this shirt (and the blue/beige one, similar 100% linen) :

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/...1&ab=ln_men_cs_casualshirts&parentPage=family

I usually wear S, but I take M on this one because they are very short ! They are not slim, they are loose, but it's linen, its for summer, its relax, so, it has to be a bit loose.

Linen is beautiful, super soft, really nice fabric. I have washed them (40°) and linen doesn't move at all.

Capture d’écran 2017-05-25 à 12.14.03.png

Last edited:

BaronFizzwell

Reaction score
I usually wear S, but I take M on this one because they are very short ! They are not slim, they are loose, but it's linen, its for summer, its relax, so, it has to be a bit loose.

Linen is beautiful, super soft, really nice fabric. I have washed them (40°) and linen doesn't move at all.

View attachment 787241 [/QUOTE]

I wondered about the fit of these kinds of shirts, mostly because I need quite a slim fit, being very slim. Does this mean that something like this would have a similarly loose fit:
http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=119029646 ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads