1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

1. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Argh at inconsistent denim sizing. I own at least 16 pairs of RRL denim, including 7 or 8 in low straights so was sure I had my sizing dialed in at W31 to W32. Order a pair of rigid low straights in a W32 and they fit like Levis 501 had I sized up a couple sizes!! WTFFFFFF????

2. henryfool3

henryfool3 Member

Came across a site, that jean shop, with quite a bit of RRL denim. Has anyone heard of it or have experience with them? I think they're out of LA.

Thx

3. Cooly

Cooly Senior member

Thanks for noting the differences, but I'm curious how the jacket you received fits you? Is it really short? As mentioned, I was hoping it fit like the one Ralph was wearing in the look book, but when I saw it modeled on other sites, it looked really short...

4. Hard2Fit

Hard2Fit Senior member

Quick question for the board; does anyone have, or has anyone seen in person, the cotton ripstop cargo indigo pants? I plan to order them online and would like to know how closely the actual color matches the "faded indigo" color pictured online (and if the side tabs are neutral colored). Many thanks!

[​IMG]

5. ad_hak

ad_hak New Member

I wrote a yelp review just last week regarding their RRL denim. I am pretty sure at least some of it is not authentic. I found a pair that was not selvedge and had what appeared to be an imitation patch. When I asked the store owner about it, she got all flustered and said "sometimes they send it to us this way," which made me even more suspicious. I would stay away.

6. walds11

walds11 Senior member

I have these in the shorts version from last summer. The online picture is a true rep of the color. Definitely a nice faded indigo. The side tabs and drawstrings on mine are a very navy color. That being said, I really like them.

7. Kwaker

Kwaker Senior member

I'm also disappointed...I've got W31 and W32 low straight rigids parked in my closet because I read that they were fitting TTS ... turns out that a W29 or W30 is what I would need for this last batch (US-sourced selvedge).
    What actual waist size are you looking for? Maybe my W31 could work for you?