The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

1. aquila49

aquila49 Senior member

I was interested in these but didn't pull the trigger. Maybe a pair will pop up on eBay.

2. aquila49

aquila49 Senior member

Just how difficult would it be to include accurate measurements in the product description? Fabric is cut by computers, which means that the actual measurements are in software. I'm certain there's a way to export template data to numbers that consumers can understand and use to make buying decisions.

3. McSp

McSp Active Member

Totally agree!

4. BaronFizzwell

BaronFizzwell Well-Known Member

I think it was the design team trying something on, like how Rugby's (and later, Polo's) stylists tried to make socks and sandals a thing for women - and succeeded. But yeah, measurements would make a huge difference. So many sites have at least some kind of guide, so it's bizarre that Ralph Lauren doesn't.

5. Bethany Heck

Bethany Heck Senior member

Sorry to keep flooding the thread of photos of this jacket, but I just got this varsity sweatervest (Gucci! Who would have thought?) and I love how it pairs with the satin flight jacket. Shout out to Mr Porter for the fantastic customer experience.

DSC03180.jpg

6. aquila49

aquila49 Senior member

No need to apologize. We're all clothes horses here, Bethany. We LIKE photos of clothing.

That jacket is freaking beautiful.

7. McSp

McSp Active Member

Yes we like photos of clothing! I bought something from Mr. Porter too and I had the same wonderful experience, they are very good at their job. But... is summer by now (at least here in EU), are you still wearing sweatervest?

8. Bethany Heck

Bethany Heck Senior member

Haha, nah it's finally getting warm here, this will all be retired until it gets chilly again.