1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. ispace

ispace Senior member

Would love to see a photo.

2. Gruff

Gruff Senior member

Yeah, I'm leaning towards that. Just thinking about ways to avoid exposed skin for mosquitoes to munch on. Zika and shit.

3. Gruff

Gruff Senior member

As PCFivez noted, they aren't your average suit. A lot of the RRL suiting has vintage details that would look out of place compared to modern suits.

Aside from that, the quality of the suits is fantastic on an objective level. If the wedding you're attending is vintage themed, you'll look amazing. If it's more modern, you'll still look great but you'll stand out a bit more.

From a longevity stand point, the suits are well made and should last forever if you take care of them. However, you'll get more versatility out of a modern-cut suit like Purple Label or Polo in terms of places you can wear it (e.g. work, weddings, formal functions, etc).

It all depends on your overall style. If you're more of a retro guy, RRL suiting would be fine for you. If you generally want to look slick like James Bond, you'll want modern-cut suits.

Oh, and as already pointed out, whatever you end up with, get it tailored to fit at the best place you can find and make sure your accessories are solid, too.

4. Fenderplyr

Fenderplyr Senior member

I'm in the same boat and rarely need to wear suits but just purchased the grey herringbone RRL suit. Aside from the fact that it was a great deal on sale it actually does look and feel really good. I asked the question about RRL suiting a few days ago because I'm in my early 20's and was afraid it would look a little too old school for me. Suit ended up looking great and I'm looking forward to the times I actually get to wear it. Once its tailored I'll be sure to post a few fit pics

5. Fenderplyr

Fenderplyr Senior member

Ps. a pair of Julian made RRL engineer boots popped up on ebay in a size 9. looks like they're in great condition for a good price, I'd snag if they were a 10[​IMG]

6. indigoeagle

indigoeagle Senior member

Has anyone got any experience with the jackets/blazers(made in Italy) regarding normal size vs. long size?
    How tall do you have to be approximately to be able to wear the long ones?

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
  7. oynag

oynag Senior member

I am 5'11" and the regular is perfect. At 6', it would still work. After that, it might get a little trendy.

1 person likes this.
  8. indigoeagle

indigoeagle Senior member

9. walds11

walds11 Senior member

I still have my eye on the Slim Fit Fairviews, but also like the Slim Fit Billings. The wash does look very similar to the Bayfields though. Which ones on page 4 of the Fall 2016 Denim lookbook are the Billings? 4th from the left?

10. oynag

oynag Senior member

There are a few RRL pieces at Stag Provisions with an extra 25% off of the sale (on-the-nose code: 25EXTRA).

11. Daff

Daff Member

looking to buy some black slim in 32x34
    any sales with them?

12. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

@Daff Best bet is to take advantage of the Gift Card pr,mo going on now. You will get a $50 GC towards future use.

In other news I just ordered the camp blanket. Will post pics once I receive it.

1 person likes this.
  13. walds11

walds11 Senior member

Yep, not a bad deal. I took advantage of the gift card promo on a pair a Slim Fit Fairviews. The promo ends tomorrow at 11:59pm ET.

14. RandJG1

RandJG1 Senior member

They aren't light weight, I'd say medium

15. Sinna17

Sinna17 Active Member

Hello everyone

Had a quick favor to ask, does anyone remember this piece from I believe 2013? I want to sell it but don't have any information on it from back then, so I don't want to give any of the wrong information.

Any and all info appreciated ! [​IMG]

16. Igasho

Igasho Member

Does anyone have recommendations for San Francisco RRL stockists? also are there any RRL outlets in the area too??

17. Cooly

Cooly Senior member

Not sure what a "Stockist" is but if you asking for stores which carry RRL...the Ralph Lauren Store on Fillmore has a sizable area for RRL and has a lot of the Fall collection...they may still have a thing or two on sale from S/S as well. UnionMade on Sanchez (http://unionmadegoods.com/about-us/) carries RRL as well. What they have instore versus what they have online varies...

hope that helps?

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  18. Igasho

Igasho Member

Nice one thanks, any outlets in the area worth checking?

Another English term that doesn't translate very well.

stockist
    ˈstɒkɪst/
    nounBRITISH
    a retailer that stocks goods of a particular type for sale.
    "one of the country's largest stockists of Italian designer labels"
    Feedback

19. double00

double00 Senior member

20. shundi30

shundi30 New Member

Hi does any know if are there any outlets in Florida that keeps RRL stock ???