1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. papillo

papillo Well-Known Member

post 26527 on the previous page.

1 person likes this.
  2. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

wow sorry i fail at life totally missed those haha :slayer:

3. Gruff

Gruff Senior member

Finally got the look books to work (thanks, oynag!). Some good shit in there though prices as absurd as usual.

May have to kop the rrl blanket at full retail, though.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  4. oynag

oynag Senior member

Glad to hear.

Yeah, I usually put a few things on the full-retail list and the rest on the wait-for-sale list. The former is usually very brief.

5. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

The Camp Blanket is dope. Anybody know if it is available in store yet?

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  6. Cooly

Cooly Senior member

yes it is

7. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

What store did u see it at?

8. oceansaway

oceansaway Senior member

Can anyone comment on the fit of the sateen tour jacket? Does it run large, true-to-size or small? Thanks.

9. pn2k

pn2k Active Member

I would go true to size but its quite fitted along the ribbing.

10. oceansaway

oceansaway Senior member

Thanks much

11. Bobbo316

Bobbo316 Senior member

I dunno about true. I normally take a small and had to have a medium in this. It runs quite a bit smaller than like the reversible racing jacket of similar style.

12. Gruff

Gruff Senior member

Anybody seen the camo cotton canvas hunting pants in store that can comment on the thickness of the material?

Website says 9.6 oz. Going to central America next month and wondering if it'd be a little too heavy for the climate.

13. koidragon

koidragon Senior member

Everything is too heavy for that climate.

14. boxdok

boxdok Senior member

I highly recommend the camo pants. It has a nice slim fit with a drawstring bottom, and the camo looks great. It doesn't stand out too much so you can team it up with alto of different tops. I would describe it as medium weight. One of the few RRL items I would pay MSRP for.

15. Gruff

Gruff Senior member

Yeah, I'm seriously thinking about biting the bullet and paying retail. I'll be in Costa Rica over labor day and was wondering if I'd sweat out in them.

16. walds11

walds11 Senior member

I have my eyes on these too. They arw low key compared to regular camo and per boxdok, they can be worn with a lot of different tops. My SA sent me some pics. Note that they are actually darker than in the pics on RL.com. No surprise there, LOL!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
    2 people like this.
  17. skytony

skytony New Member

What are your guys' thoughts on RRL suits? I have a few weddings coming up and I've never owned a suit in my life. My line of work never requires me to wear a suit. I definitely need a suit for formal occasions though so I need to buy one regardless. Is the price tag for a RRL suit worth it? I definitely love the design / style of RRL so at the moment that would be the only thing justifying a big purchase like this. Would dropping that much money be worth it? If I'm looking for longevity in style / construction, is RRL a good route to go or does something like Purple Label make more sense? Or, considering I won't be wearing a suit often, is Polo a better option considering price?

Long time lurker and first time post here. Thanks in advance!

18. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

i wore shorts the entire time i was in costa rica, it's pretty humid there.

19. velksshoes

velksshoes Member

I wore mens velcro shoes and I feel comfortable here.

20. PCFIVEZ

PCFIVEZ Well-Known Member

i wore the navy blue herringbone w/ pinstripe 3 pc suit to a wedding last year and people are still talking about it now...when i first showed up mofos were calling me the godfather.

they are not your average suit and they arent loud neither. they make the perfect statement without having to look like you are heading to work like everybody else. the RRL suit is slightly heavyweight but very well built.

just make sure you tailor it to fit you perfectly and accessorize properly. dont half ass it. if you are rocking a $2k+ suit dont be wearing chinese made or aldo shoes! dont wear a bulova neither.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
    2 people like this.