• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rrlgambler

Reaction score
Right on guys. Yes they are from seller Benihanasshlalahaba. Here are a couple pics. Great charcoal grey color and loving the black patch. Yes that is bbq sauce on the leg
smile.gif

They run big, not sure if this is normal for rigids. These in a 32 are the same (if not a tiny bit bigger) as my one wash in 33. Do you guys hot soak your rigids? They are pretty stiff and I wouldn't want to blow out the crotch or anything. I might be able to shrink them a tiny bit if the water was hot enough.

Are these labeled as slim fit on the inner pocket?

Opermann

Reaction score

@opermann where did you get the chesterfield? the bay?

Yes. I saw it at the Chicago store a season or two ago and remember how great it looked. The post-Christmas prices were right, I was in the market for a bag, so I jumped. The zipper is a vintage Talon--thought that was a cool detail.

Are these labeled as slim fit on the inner pocket?   

Yes, they are. Japanese denim, all that.

Sym

Reaction score
Anyone buy the Farley during the 65%? Thoughts?

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
does anyone have the LS Stillwater wash?

thoughts?

not sure if i like em. think i prefer the rigid.

blacksamurai30

Reaction score
Hey guys! Im really interested in picking up the M39 Varsity with the lightning bolt patch on it. I was wondering if theres any chance that there will be a sale in the near future that will include it? Im new to RRL as a brand. Thank you!

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

does anyone have the LS Stillwater wash?

thoughts?

not sure if i like em. think i prefer the rigid.

NOT a fan of these at all. going to try and exchange for the straight rigid (keeping the LS rigid but sizing down).

underwood

Reaction score
Hope no one gets offended that I'm putting these here. Thought people might want to see a quick pic of some beat in RRLs. These are about three years old. Two washes in the tub. Pics are before the third wash which I did last night. Then it's to the tailor for some patching on the blown out crotch. RRL low straight 34x34. Also, they're extra dirty from a full day of yard work yesterday.

jp2k1

Reaction score
Anyone buy the Farley during the 65%? Thoughts?

Nice dark indigo. One of the better pieces they offered this year. Weight is good enough for spring and early fall.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hope no one gets offended that I'm putting these here. Thought people might want to see a quick pic of some beat in RRLs. These are about three years old. Two washes in the tub. Pics are before the third wash which I did last night. Then it's to the tailor for some patching on the blown out crotch. RRL low straight 34x34. Also, they're extra dirty from a full day of yard work yesterday.

lol why would anyone be offended? what this thread needs is less bickering and more pics. props man they look great. i assume you are having that crotch reinforced before you do more yard work? :)

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

what wash are these?

underwood

Reaction score
Yeah. Hoitl1981 has it right. Wore 'em pretty solid for awhile. Although for two of the years I had them I was living in Bermuda, so they didn't see much wear during the summertime.

Last edited:

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great fades, underwood

I live a
- Suit four days a week
- Trousers on Friday
- Denim/chinos on weekends Fall through Spring, with shorts during the summer

Kind of life.... Honestly, I sometimes question whether I can achieve fades like this or if I should just buy some fitted washed denim from RRL or even brands like J Crew, Polo, Black Label Denim and just be done with it.

Kensington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Great fades, underwood

I live a
- Suit four days a week
- Trousers on Friday
- Denim/chinos on weekends Fall through Spring, with shorts during the summer

Kind of life.... Honestly, I sometimes question whether I can achieve fades like this or if I should just buy some fitted washed denim from RRL or even brands like J Crew, Polo, Black Label Denim and just be done with it.

I have a similar pattern. I think buying pre-distressed defeats the purpose of buying high end denim but to each his own.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads