1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. FlaSurfer

FlaSurfer Well-Known Member

Where in Florida? It's a big state... Jacksonville area, no. The St. Augustine outlet didn't have RRL a couple weeks ago when I stopped by. Orlando area only has outlets so probably not. Tampa I don't think has any Ralph Lauren stores of any kind. Miami area has a couple actual RL stores - the one on Worth would be your best bet. I think there is one in Naples too, but would doubt they carry RRL as they probably cater to senior citizens. All the ones in the panhandle are outlets so probably just have polo stuff. There is a reason us Floridians order online.

2. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Senior member

yep, I was in there a couple weeks ago and they were nice enough to bring quite a few different items from the back room for my better half to try on

3. Cooly

Cooly Senior member

yeah, I saw they labeled it "navy" as well and wondered the same thing (if it was Indigo or not), but when the coat arrived, it had the usual "Attention: it may rub off" warning label. It did seem to rub off less..because when I received the other Unconstructed Cotton one, blue showed on my hands a little as soon as I handled it...the wool one does not.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  4. Cooly

Cooly Senior member

Have not seen this sport coat but they've had similar ones in past seasons. Not sure the right wording to describe the differences, but I would say both the wool and cotton Unconstructed Tailored Sport Coats are more "traditional" sport coats. The one you link above is a jacket modeled after a vintage coat of some sort.

1 person likes this.
  5. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

6. walds11

walds11 Senior member

I already picked up some new fall denim….the slim fit Fairview wash. The wash is killer!

RRL rolled out tons of shorts this fall. I’m eyeing up the Lisi Suede-Cotton Workshirt. This shirt is smoking! :slayer:

7. boxdok

boxdok Senior member

I want this hand knit cardigan really bad but that 1200 price tag needs to hit like 350 before I cop. I probably will cop these 3 shirts once the first sale hits though.
    As you can tell I prefer loud prints. I may have to slow down on JE pieces though to get the sweater.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

I'm grabbing that patchwork flannel on Thurs when I get paid.

9. boxdok

boxdok Senior member

^ please report back on the fit once you get it. I fall between a medium and large in RRL button down. It looks like it has a relaxed fit so i may do a medium

10. pvoytko

pvoytko Senior member

i need that scenery workshirt. kinda reminds me of something gitman vintage would do

11. Viral

Viral Senior member

any interest in BNWT Slim Straight 32 X 34 in helm wash for under $100?

PM me.........

12. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

Chaps did one like that, as did Blue Label a couple years back with suede elbows. They all look the same to me, recycled. The graphic is cool though. The material is so-so on the RRL one. The brushed cotton doesn't seem as well made as the ski boots one from Blue Label 2 winters ago, but maybe that's because of the different seasons (fall vs winter). But I'll still get it if the price is right.

13. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

The problem with that scenery workshirt is buddies will be asking if you've been shopping at Cabelas.

6 people like this.
  14. pvoytko

pvoytko Senior member

anyone selling east/west slim narrows rigids? looking for 34 waist

15. pvoytko

pvoytko Senior member

also i have a distressed leather belt from RRL thats a 36 but I have lost weight and would like to modify it by adding some more holes going down and cutting off excess. maybe this is the wrong thread for this but do any of you gurus know if its possible for a leathersmith to do something like this?

16. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Depending on the belt, that should not be a problem, and I've had it done many times. I don't think they add holes though. Rather, they shorten it from the buckle end and simply reattach the buckle. It' like a $10 job.

1 person likes this.
  17. 2quic4u

2quic4u Member

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
  18. gumercindo

gumercindo Senior member

The glory days of RRL/RLPL shopping at outlets is long gone. I just happened to find a great grail piece about 7 years ago at an outlet. Was looking for a tux and the outlet (I think the one outside of Chicago) had a RLPL tux - $4-5k retail on sale for about $500 and in my size. This was back in the day where you can call any RL outlet and basically have the pick of the litter

19. Cooly

Cooly Senior member

fyi...I recently received the yellow check "worthy" shirt...if you are used to the typical RRL shirt or their slim shirts, then you can probably size down...it's definitely traditional/relaxed fit. While the shoulders are the same, everything else seems more relaxed...trying to figure out if I am just used to slim/fitted shirts now or if this shirt is just one size too big...

...on the other hand, all the other Fall shirts I received fit great...the Reliance, the striped selvedge oxford, the blue/grey/black plaid, all fit perfect/great in my usual medium...

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  20. pvoytko

pvoytko Senior member

is woodbury dead now too?

i heard they were going to make it a 'luxury' store