• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_0263.JPG

lol wow ... found these in the bottom of my closet this morning looking for a vest to wear in this ridiculous weather. totally forgot about these. varicks/aberdeens? cant remember the correct name of these ... guess they deserve a romping

rrl varicks/aberdeens
rrl le olive slims
rrl peacoat
sns herning scarf
SAB briefcase

RandJG1

Reaction score

received the indigo dupre jacket

surprisingly thicker and more heavy weight then i was expecting. for some reason i was expecting something more on the lines of apolis globals indigo blazer. this one in small actually fit me quite well in terms of length and shoulders. slightly long in sleeves but boxier then i like in the chest. will have to get it altered but pleasantly surprised by the deets and the weight. wish this was released in the fall to get more wear (although this winter doesnt seem to be ending anytime soon)

Wore mine for the first time yesterday, no opportunity for a photo yet, its quite dark and needs a lot of light for a photo to translate the weave and subtle colors. Wore it with a lavender dress shirt and some Ralph Lauren Rugby Tartans with greens, blues and lavenders. Wondered about staining on shirt, some touches on the collar edges only…however my hands, blue…had to wash up more than once from buttoning and unbuttoning throughout a day of meetings.

And yes its heavier than you might expect for unstructured, but is perfect for this miserable winter. Was on the east coast with it yesterday and it served as my outside coat as well perfectly, the best part is that you flip up the collar and button it all the way up and it looks super cool vs. some that look a little awkward that way. I prefer the heft of this to the Hamilton which is quite light and hard to get a consistent lapel fold.

Will post photos when i can manage

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
agreed ... i need to post up pics but just dropped it off to get the chest taken in. havent tried buttoning up all the way but sounds useful

harveyrabbit

Reaction score

IMG_0263.JPG

lol wow ... found these in the bottom of my closet this morning looking for a vest to wear in this ridiculous weather. totally forgot about these. varicks/aberdeens? cant remember the correct name of these ... guess they deserve a romping

These boots are in the bottom of my closet a lot. Super solid, but the break-in is so much work. Many people gave up on these due to the tightness of the vamp. Mine aren't in rotation enough.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah they are ridiculously tough. clearly well made but tough and hard as nails. now that ive rediscovered them, i will be wearing more often at least until it gets warm

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

yeah they are ridiculously tough. clearly well made but tough and hard as nails. now that ive rediscovered them, i will be wearing more often at least until it gets warm

I believe these are the Julian Aberdeen's (a name made relevant by the removable Kiltie beneath the laces). Personally, I would remove the Kiltie, but that's just me. Very nice boots.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Varicks I believe and damn that was a narrow boot. Thanks again to Robert for posting them though

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I thought the Varick's were the brown ones on the right? The Aberdeen's are the brown ones next to them (with the Kiltie)?

The varicks had the kiltie too irrc

Edit found my old listing photo

Last edited:

hyunbin09

Reaction score
i got the indigo workshirt at the denver store. im pretty sure new york or la carries them. i didnt see it online tho.

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The varicks had the kiltie too irrc

I remember when Dastig offered all of these models on this thread a few years ago. I kick myself ********** for not buying myself multiple pairs of each. The Julian era was such a decent season for shoes & boots.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

These boots are in the bottom of my closet a lot. Super solid, but the break-in is so much work. Many people gave up on these due to the tightness of the vamp. Mine aren't in rotation enough.

But you have a regular closet. RKD rents a 3/2 for his wardrobe. Boots were in the basement.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads