1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. DJ Quaaludes

DJ Quaaludes Senior member

2. Nigel Sequeira

Nigel Sequeira Member

3. beefcake

beefcake Senior member

Just realized I've been meaning to buy some RRL jeans...for 10 years. Maybe it's time. I'm in Europe, can anyone recommend a place (online)?

4. Nigel Sequeira

Nigel Sequeira Member

I know they have a store in london, I assume the ralph lauren european website might have their stuff for sale, though trying on their jeans I feel like it'd be better to try them on before biting the bullet.

5. xltros

xltros Active Member

Question on one wash jeans. If I normally wear a 31x30 in low straights that have been processed, should I buy same size in low straight once wash jeans or do these tend to change in size more?

Also, is there a comparable version of the low straights in lvc brand jeans, that are already processed/washed?

Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
  6. ImBurningStarIV

ImBurningStarIV Senior member

You'd probably be better off going 30x30 in the one-wash, they'll stretch out.

The '47 501's might be a good choice in the LVC, but I'm not sure exactly on the that.

7. Wildling

Wildling Well-Known Member

Yes, there is suppose to be heel slippage. Not a lot, like your falling out of the boot, but there is suppose to be some.

Whatever you do, don't tuck your pants into the boot. Ever. Cuff your jeans like you would with any other boot or shoe, and rock those engineers!

1 person likes this.
  8. xltros

xltros Active Member

You'd probably be better off going 30x30 in the one-wash, they'll stretch out. "

Thanks for the tip on the once wash!

Anyone else have any experience with lvc denim/low straights?

The '47 501's might be a good choice in the LVC, but I'm not sure exactly on the that.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
  9. aquila49

aquila49 Senior member

Quote: I don't think the 47's aren't equivalent to a low straight. Great jeans, but they are postwar denim with a rise that's pretty high. Around 12" in a 32 waist. Not certain which LVC's—if any—would be equivalent to the low straight. The1978's have a lower rise but nothing like the RRL models.

10. Ralph6005

Ralph6005 Active Member

Does anyone have good pics of the sulphur springs wash lows they can share? I'm also going to be trimming down my Arsenal of 34 waist lows on B&S this wknd. I'll basically be giving them away. Thnx guys

11. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

That is an amazing price! I will probably buy another pair of the black to actually wear riding at that price! If you guys are on the fence about a harness or engineer, at those prices, the Frye kicks the ass of anything I've ever had from RRL from a footwear perspective..

12. pvoytko

pvoytko Senior member

i would like to see this too

not much of a pinstripe guy but maybe some pics could motivate me

13. jajordan378

jajordan378 Senior member

Does anyone have the full zip aged navy hoodie that was on unionmade a year ago? I never saw it anywhere else online. Cant seem to find a photo either.

14. Ralph6005

Ralph6005 Active Member

thanks for the tip guys-- just zapped up some frye engineers! great sale

15. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Yeah man, me also. I will keep these for daily motorcycle boots, so I don't have to give two shits about gear shift creases and worn down heels, lol

1 person likes this.
  16. EstCstGhst

EstCstGhst Member

It's a great hoodie. Exterior is a faded/washed out navy and interior has a super soft brushed terry. It also has a Talon zip which is always cool to find on these pieces. The navy is lighter in shade then my picture depicts.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  17. pvoytko

pvoytko Senior member

[​IMG]

RRL camo crew neck, slim narrow kentucky, red wing iron rangers

3 people like this.
  18. Nigel Sequeira

Nigel Sequeira Member

http://www.selfedge.com/sweaters-hoodies?product_id=841

This is a very similar hoodie

19. Mon Dieu

Mon Dieu Senior member

^ + 1 The Strike Gold are my fav's soft/heavy & now preshrunk . Sizing can be a issue, length/shoulders. They will stretch bit though.

Enjoy

20. White Lotus

White Lotus Senior member

I have this. xD