• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

*** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread ***

Blackmaged

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i have the heavy emerald jacquard shirt and it's gorgeous

death shot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want the lightweight emerald shirt. Make my dreams come true.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked up the Navy Silk Duponi shirt from this season and wanted to say that it is really good. I can confirm for certain now that I am defintely a medium in the shirting since Ervell slimmed up the pattern this past year, I used to be a small. My minor complaint is that with the new measurements, the length on the medium is a tad on the long side for wearing casually untucked (not quite true dress shirt length, but getting there), but it is so good that I'll still likely do so anyway, even though it would be an SF violation. It's sold out on the webstore, but if anyone is still looking for one at a good price, check out Creatures of Comfort.

This sounds so good. ****

It is good. I own the navy/gray jacquard pants, and I think they're awesome. The pattern and color area really great, I like how subtle it is, yet from afar they still stand out. I would not hesitate at the current price.

Last edited:

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hm you're a little shorter I guess, I think the formal buttondown's are cut a bit shorter than the standard and button collar but all of them i'd say are totally suitable for non-tuck wearing. although I've mentioned recently that I've been favoring longer shirts, I know most guys these days want things that hit just below the belt which i personally just think gets into cheesy gq territory but ymmv.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
some cell phone pics to illustrate navy/grey jacquard

jaac

Reaction score
got a small in the quilted sweat this season, fits good.

what size should i get in the field coat? sounds like the sizing is harder due to quilted lining etc? anyone got advice?

Gruntle

Reaction score
I wore the field coat for the first time. I love the material(navy) but the fit is very boxy and I wish the sleeves were just a bit longer. But I love the way the padded collar feels.

TheObserver

Reaction score
Field coat fit large imo. I size down and it fits slim just as I expect it to be. Still enough room for layering though. Sleeves tend to rise up when I drive but not a big deal.

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've tried sizing down and it gets tight despite the slightly boxy cut. I would stick to TTS (especially if you're tall, it's pretty short in the body)

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

hm you're a little shorter I guess, I think the formal buttondown's are cut a bit shorter than the standard and button collar but all of them i'd say are totally suitable for non-tuck wearing. although I've mentioned recently that I've been favoring longer shirts, I know most guys these days want things that hit just below the belt which i personally just think gets into cheesy gq territory but ymmv.

5'8" not too short I don't think, average maybe? Prior to the pattern change/slimming the smalls were a little longer than average when worn untucked (a few inches below the belt line but not cropped) and good tucked as well. The new cut still works for me, but ever so slightly longer than preferred peeking further below some of my jackets. Ah well, I'll embrace the change.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jodhpur