1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

*** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread ***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by sipang, Feb 12, 2011.

1. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

It shouldn't be overly long if you're "kind of tall". If anything they are slightly cropped ime.
    I'm 6'2" and XL's are more or less perfect in length for me (but too tight in arms and chest). If length is your only concern go for it.

Has anybody picked up any current season stuff yet?
    I want the dove/ivory pocket sweater and some of the stores with the selvedge denim make them seem a little roomier up top this season, but Ervell webstore measurements seem the same and as far I know the denim is always the same cut year to year.

2. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

I asked the webstore about this seasons cotton pocket sweaters, and asked to compare to last seasons alpaca knits which were pretty relaxed and slouchy when wearing your 'normal' size (this from my personal experience and also seemed to be others, as well).

They said this seasons has a "slightly more relaxed fit"

This season's sweaters have a slightly more relaxed fit and are made from pima cotton this season. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Best,

I would still like to hear some additional feedback for confirmation, but sounds like I won't be sizing up in this from my normal medium... in fact, if indeed "slightly more relaxed" than even last seasons sweaters, then I can see a lot of people sizing down for a better fit.

I am also looking for some forum guidance on any of the tee sizing-- thanks!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
  3. msg

msg Senior member

Looks like Ervell is offering styles on East Dane that aren't on the webshop - banded collar reverse print on the water color.

Anyone wearing the mid century shirt in a size large? I'm 6', 170lbs and bought a medium last summer, fit is good, but looks like a typical true-to-size fit. Think I'd like something a bit more relaxed. Wondering how a large would look on me. Here's a medium for comparison:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  4. CasperK

CasperK Member

I picked up the pocket sweater and a pair of the selvedge denim recently. The pocket sweater (XS) pretty much fits me perfectly (I'm 5'5" and 123lbs to give you an idea). Regarding the denim, I sized down from my usual size in jeans and they fit pretty tight. The waist is a little snug but the seat is rather uncomfortable at the moment. Anybody own a pair that stretched significantly? Thanks.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
  5. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

after having received the pocket swear I would agree that it is tts, however, would not say it is 'more relaxed' than last seasons (fw14) alpaca. I feel like mine fits just a little shorter everywhere, not necessarily a bad thing.. (for example, I had to basically roll the sleeves on last seasons alpaca as they were too long, but these sleeves are a good length on me. body shorter as well I think... but i have not measured). The cotton also doesn't have the bounce and heft which the alpaca has (clearly..as different fabrics, but for the sake of comparison), though still luxurious feeling with a nice hand.. and a little bit of that crispy cotton feel. Very airy, can easily see a white t shirt through it (i have the navy/black) which also makes it very spring time appropriate. The size medium measures approximately 20.5 inches p2p, with some good stretch, but not as much as the alpaca version from last season.

I am working through some store credit... should probably be waiting for the first round of sales but going on a couple spring trips and wanted some new clothes. Considering the navy jacquard shorts and maybe some t shirts.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
  6. msg

msg Senior member

Flight jacket; size medium, I'm 6', 170lbs. Seems a bit small.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. death shot

death shot Senior member

I think it looks great. Even better with pants that have a slightly looser seat.

8. OccultaVexillum

Anybody have one of the leather or suede caps they want to sell (or a link to one on sale/cheap)?

9. Arnold Grape

Arnold Grape Senior member

^^ Jacket is completely fine, if not a bit long in the arms/ off the shoulders. Definitely do not size up.

10. Frarassu

Frarassu Member

I was wondering what kind of quality I should expect from a FW10 wool PE blazer. Should I expect a lower/higher quality product in comparison with their current(FW obviously) offering?

11. death shot

death shot Senior member

There is one on Grailed.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
  12. OccultaVexillum

Yeah, the light wash one right?
    I'm really wanting one of the older tan suede or full black leather ones. This seasons do look good though, esp light wash and navy lamb.

13. death shot

death shot Senior member

Nah, there is a black one.

14. zzzzap

zzzzap Senior member

Does anyone know how the rain duffle fits? I'm a dead on small in the field coat. Curious how it compares.

15. OccultaVexillum

@death shot
    thanks, see it. I was hoping for something cheaper. If he drops the price I will pick it up.

On another note I just picked up another pocket sweater (beige/dove). It's a complete addiction at this point. In the last 18 months I've sold 6 of them, and still have 5 (now 6) in my closet.

16. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

30 off outerwear with OUTERWEAR30 code, get to koppin boys

17. death shot

death shot Senior member

I've always wanted a black pocket sweater, be it the light one or the regular one.

Broke/cheap dude problems.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
  18. OccultaVexillum

I have the black/indigo from FW13 that is pretty awesome.

19. sweetjesus

sweetjesus Senior member

I'm not very imaginative. will update with reviews when I receive it. especially curious to the bomber. (shirts were actually a medium.)

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.