1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Leather Artisans Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by KitAkira, Mar 3, 2010.

1. nerdykarim

nerdykarim Senior member

This is mine. It started out that pinkish natural color.

[​IMG]

2. .Impulsv

.Impulsv Senior member

This beauty will be on its way to be shortly. It's 1.25" wide horsehide in Fiebing's cordovan.
    [​IMG]

3. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

4. .Impulsv

.Impulsv Senior member

I paid $55 shipped for a "standard belt." Mine took a few weeks because the buckle and dye were special-ordered, but he says belts usually only take a couple days to turn out; it's the wallets that he's behind on.

5. robertorex

robertorex Senior member

Unlucky is the freakin man, his belts are amazing. Going two years on mine.

6. fobsquad

fobsquad Member

anybody got any of his red horsehide wallets?
    i'm curious as to see the aged look on that.

7. displacedsoutherner

displacedsoutherner Well-Known Member

I bought a couple of belts from Unlucky about a year ago, and wanted to get in touch with him about a wallet. Unfortunately, I no longer have his email address. Could someone PM me with his contact info? Thanks.

8. 3eyes

3eyes Member

Could someone PM me information on how to get in touch with Unlucky?

9. pingsc

pingsc Well-Known Member

So I just received my wallet and belts from Scott (unlucky) today. Included in the wallet was this nifty little business card advertising an "Organize Custom Leather." It appears that unlucky has started his own business complete with cards and a website (still under construction). Considering the decision to remove the previous thread from the B&S forum, I'm not sure if it would be kosher to throw out the website, but pm me and I'll give you the web address and Scott's email.

10. Atwigman

Atwigman Well-Known Member

I've gotten my dark brown messanger from unlucky. It's very nice and sturdily built; I can't wait to break it in[​IMG]

11. that_was_easy

that_was_easy Senior member

So I just received my wallet and belts from Scott (unlucky) today. Included in the wallet was this nifty little business card advertising an "Organize Custom Leather." It appears that unlucky has started his own business complete with cards and a website (still under construction). Considering the decision to remove the previous thread from the B&S forum, I'm not sure if it would be kosher to throw out the website, but pm me and I'll give you the web address and Scott's email.

I've gotten my dark brown messanger from unlucky. It's very nice and sturdily built; I can't wait to break it in[​IMG]

Please to post pics [​IMG]

12. Whiskey

Whiskey Senior member

has anyone got in touch with Scott lately? we were going back and forth between emails three weeks ago and all of a sudden dead air. He got all the measurement info from me so maybe im just queue'd in the waiting-list?

13. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

has anyone got in touch with Scott lately? we were going back and forth between emails three weeks ago and all of a sudden dead air. He got all the measurement info from me so maybe im just queue'd in the waiting-list?

i've been in touch with him. ordered my belt on thursday and he shipped it out monday. Maybe there's a problem with the emails or something. might be going to spam.

14. Jekyll

Jekyll Senior member

Does he do guitar straps?

15. theom-

theom- Senior member

16. Jekyll

Jekyll Senior member

Sweet. Could someone PM me his email plz?

17. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Unlucky made this belt for me. He refused to let me pay for it before i'd seen pictures after he'd made it. I first emailed him thursday week ago. It was done and sent by monday last week. Arrived in New Zealand yesterday. It's a very simple belt. No stitching anywhere (i didn't ask for it), so it would've been a pretty easy make for him. It came in a natural colour, which was lighter than the above pictures, with a sort of pinkish tinge. I applied some leather conditioner, which darkened it a bit and turned it that orangey colour which goes really well with denim. I imagine it will darken further over time. edit: pictures cropped

18. pingsc

pingsc Well-Known Member

After a short delay, here are the pictures of the Skull repro wallet and IH repro belt that Scott made for me. The wallet images are after about a week's worth of wear and the belt image is the one that Scott sent me.

Just to reiterate what everyone has already said, Scott offers a superior product at an unbeatable price. Furthermore, he is highly responsive to the customer and is an absolute pleasure to deal with. Shop with confidence.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Whiskey

Whiskey Senior member

After a short delay, here are the pictures of the Skull repro wallet and IH repro belt that Scott made for me. The wallet images are after about a week's worth of wear and the belt image is the one that Scott sent me.

Just to reiterate what everyone has already said, Scott offers a superior product at an unbeatable price. Furthermore, he is highly responsive to the customer and is an absolute pleasure to deal with. Shop with confidence.

thats cool. so on the belt if you wanted to make any adjustments you could easily do it yourself by just punching holes and trimming the excess?

20. pingsc

pingsc Well-Known Member

thats cool. so on the belt if you wanted to make any adjustments you could easily do it yourself by just punching holes and trimming the excess?

Yes and no, the thickness of my belt will make it pretty difficult for me to punch new holes; however, if you look at the piece that the buckle is connected to, you'll notice that it's an independent strip of leather attacked by rivets. this allows you to move it one direction or the other depending on whether you want it to be longer or shorter. You'd also be able to punch new holes on the buckle side so that you could lengthen/shorten the belt while retaining uniform looking holes on the other end. Scott will go through all of this with you if you decide you want them, as well as make the belt to your specifications.