• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah it's highly disturbing to see those full groups. They need to see the videos from Italy where doctors/nurses are having to CHOOSE which patient to treat versus let die and where family members can't even hold their loved ones to say goodbye. :mad:

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have no guilt going for rides since that's pretty much the only thing I'm doing outdoors. The tidal basin trip on Thursday did give me some pause - it was a lot busier than I was expecting. Roosevelt Island on Sunday was fairly busy too but people seemed more spread out plus I made sure to keep moving and not congregate anywhere. On my way back, I did notice the police had blocked off some roads to prevent access to the tidal basin part of the mall.

In other news: I am getting quite ripped just off the previously posted home workouts and 2 ~15 mile rides. #coronagains.

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have no guilt going for rides since that's pretty much the only thing I'm doing outdoors. The tidal basin trip on Thursday did give me some pause - it was a lot busier than I was expecting. Roosevelt Island on Sunday was fairly busy too but people seemed more spread out plus I made sure to keep moving and not congregate anywhere. On my way back, I did notice the police had blocked off some roads to prevent access to the tidal basin part of the mall.

In other news: I am getting quite ripped just off the previously posted home workouts and 2 ~15 mile rides. #coronagains.
Good to hear about the workouts. My body is sore from them as well.

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New arrival for spring.
20200324_124147.jpg

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Knocked out almost 17 miles on the Arlington Loop today. Not many folks out. All the park areas were closed with signs warning people away. Pedaled by Whole Foods and folks were lined up out the door six feet apart, winding across the front of the building. Reminded me of the mess hall at Camp Victory in Baghdad with everyone staggered out in case a mortar round landed. Ugh.

IMG_9889.jpg

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Knocked out almost 17 miles on the Arlington Loop today. Not many folks out. All the park areas were closed with signs warning people away. Pedaled by Whole Foods and folks were lined up out the door six feet apart, winding across the front of the building. Reminded me of the mess hall at Camp Victory in Baghdad with everyone staggered out in case a mortar round landed. Ugh.

View attachment 1360406

I've got a late run planned for tonight.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Big fan of Kamakura Shirts. I wish they made more of the Sport collar, been trying to get some basic blue OCBDs w/ sport collar. I have one, but could use a couple more.
I'm not actually clear on the difference between the sport and the regular. The collar points look about the same as my 2016-era OCBD but feel less heavily lined (although I can't tell if that's just a difference between the oxford cloth and the chambray). We'll see how it feels after a few washes. Their tokyo slim fit is perfect for me so hopefully they didn't change that.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not actually clear on the difference between the sport and the regular. The collar points look about the same as my 2016-era OCBD but feel less heavily lined (although I can't tell if that's just a difference between the oxford cloth and the chambray). We'll see how it feels after a few washes. Their tokyo slim fit is perfect for me so hopefully they didn't change that.

I have a few Kamakura shirts, including "regular" OCBDs and "Sport" OCBDs. From what I can tell, the regular OCBDs have lightly lined (and lightly fused) collar interlinings, while the Sport have either no or very light collar lining, with no fusing.

While both are nice, I personally prefer the softer collar on the sport models.

heelguy

Reaction score
Lots of teenagers not heeding this. Walked around a school field for exercise yesterday in Potomac and saw a bunch of kids playing hoops. Saw another bunch of about 6 HS or college kids sitting on a blanket eating pizza. Had to bite my tongue not to say anything.

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lots of teenagers not heeding this. Walked around a school field for exercise yesterday in Potomac and saw a bunch of kids playing hoops. Saw another bunch of about 6 HS or college kids sitting on a blanket eating pizza. Had to bite my tongue not to say anything.
"Give me liberty and give me death"

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It just occurred to me today that I'm eventually going to need to get my hair cut. Not that anyone but my wife is looking at me at the moment, but I've already started wearing sweatpants more often than I'd care to admit and eventually I'm going to turn into this:
991456.jpg

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It just occurred to me today that I'm eventually going to need to get my hair cut. Not that anyone but my wife is looking at me at the moment, but I've already started wearing sweatpants more often than I'd care to admit and eventually I'm going to turn into this:
View attachment 1360784
I get a haircut every other day ;).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads