• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official-ish DC Thread

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Scored this amazing Kiton cashmere sport coat NWOT from Ownly Luxury. Just came in the mail today and it's amazing. Need to get the waist taken in and sleeves adjusted at a minimum. Doubt I'll get to wear it until the Fall. Every time I say I'm tailoring-sated something insane comes along. I need to stop looking I think.

Capture12.JPG Capture13.JPG

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Reaction score
Scored this amazing Kiton cashmere sport coat NWOT from Ownly Luxury. Just came in the mail today and it's amazing. Need to get the waist taken in and sleeves adjusted at a minimum. Doubt I'll get to wear it until the Fall. Every time I say I'm tailoring-sated something insane comes along. I need to stop looking I think.

View attachment 1361071 View attachment 1361070
Hot damn! Question: how are you going to get the alterations done?? I have some linen pants that I really need ("need") to get tapered before the summer but looks like that maybe isn't in the cards.

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Reaction score
I won't get a check either but I'm much happier to receive my pay and benefits instead.

I plan on supporting some local restaurants - I will order food from around my neighborhood but forgo drinks since I'm pretty well stocked. I did seriously consider indulging in Joe's Stonecrab's happy hour but they're a little too far from my place.
Yeah restaurants seem like the easier option thanks to grubhub and such. I was thinking more along the lines of retail operations in the area since I already probably order way too much takeout.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
The one local business that I really like, that I regrettably have not visited in awhile, is the Grooming Lounge.

hpreston

Reaction score

Gorgeous!

Is it my monitor or is the underlying colorway purple?

ny2dc

Reaction score

That is sharp. Speaking of tailoring, where do you guys frequent for your tailoring needs?

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hot damn! Question: how are you going to get the alterations done?? I have some linen pants that I really need ("need") to get tapered before the summer but looks like that maybe isn't in the cards.
I'll venture over to Geoffrey Lewis once the CV blows through. I have several pair of pants that need adjusting as well. I'll just have to wait.

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is sharp. Speaking of tailoring, where do you guys frequent for your tailoring needs?
Here in DC? I use Geoffrey Lewis at 15th and H. (literally half of this thread is about local tailors if you want to scroll back through)

Last edited:

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I’d take that to field to get it altered. I knows he’s expensive. But it’s a Kiton. Splurge.

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
HN White in London has some good deals going on. Just ordered one of their Begg & Co scarves using SF10 coupon code.

CF711219-69F0-4D40-A56B-4C1B57A699C1.jpeg

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.