• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Hair Thread

Eskoe

Reaction score
I went and got the Living Proof Thickening Cream, and I dunno if it's cause the salesman liked me or that's just how Sephora rolls, but he gave me essentially another bottles worth of free samples of the thing, as well as other products free samples. Be sure to ask if they don't just hand it to you, they seemed to have cabinet upon cabinet of free samples.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eskoe
I went and got the Living Proof Thickening Cream, and I dunno if it's cause the salesman liked me or that's just how Sephora rolls, but he gave me essentially another bottles worth of free samples of the thing, as well as other products free samples. Be sure to ask if they don't just hand it to you, they seemed to have cabinet upon cabinet of free samples.
Cool! Remember, less is more with that stuff. You'll have to experiment with the optimal amount for your hair. Start with a pea sized amount and work up over the next few days. You're not really supposed to be able to feel it, so if it gets to where your hair is stiff, you'll know you've used too much. Watch the videos on application http://www.livingproof.com/buy/full-...FQFspAodkFvLiw

Pdiddy

Reaction score
Hey,

I am having a litte trouble with my hairstyle and was wondering if somebody could give me a hand ?
I want a new style but dont know what would suit me.
I have a round-ish face, anything else you need to know to help me just ask.
smile.gif

Thank you in advance.

stjoad

Reaction score
Question for you hair experts.

I've been told that I resemble Keanu Reeves a bit - I see it in my hairline and face shape, mostly. After perusing the net looking at Keanu photos, I noticed that he looks infinitely better with the buzzed haircut from Speed than he does with his current long hair. Is it just me?

UdgKg.jpg

I feel it's night and day. Is this an example of tailoring your hair to the shape of your face? Of course, his crappy beard doesn't help...

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stjoad
Question for you hair experts.

I've been told that I resemble Keanu Reeves a bit - I see it in my hairline and face shape, mostly. After perusing the net looking at Keanu photos, I noticed that he looks infinitely better with the buzzed haircut from Speed than he does with his current long hair. Is it just me?

UdgKg.jpg

I feel it's night and day. Is this an example of tailoring your hair to the shape of your face? Of course, his crappy beard doesn't help...

The pic on the left is him in his mid 40s. His hairline is receding and his forehead looks longer.

Reaction score
aww poor keanu! his matrix haircut was awesome IMO. the one when not slicked back.

Grug

Reaction score
Been growing my hair out since November last year, it's only just starting to get past the 'no mans land' length where it looks terrible no matter what you do.

hairjp.jpg
hair2fm.jpg

Reaction score
got a jugend typa thing. i kinda look like a pineapple lol! but i can see it looking awesome in a few weeks.

45elkton

Reaction score
Any advice on where to go with this? For background, my hair is naturally fine and I've applied some American Crew Fiber in the photo. Not looking to allow the sides to grow much longer than they currently are, primarily due to professional reasons.

I've purchased the Living Proof thickening cream and applied to my dried hair a couple of times, with decent results. Planning on applying wet and using a hair dryer to test the effect, although my masculinity wants me to reject the idea of blowdrying my hair. If I blow dry, can you then apply a product if I have already used Living Proof?

Thanks in advance for all of your help! Need some direction!

Stylin247

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Grug
Been growing my hair out since November last year, it's only just starting to get past the 'no mans land' length where it looks terrible no matter what you do.

hairjp.jpg
hair2fm.jpg

sup brah, didn't know you posted on here too.

Grug

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stylin247
sup brah, didn't know you posted on here too.
Hey brah, just joined. Some Misc brahs put me on to ToJ jackets, so I came here and now I'm learning all about fashunz. Not sure I 'get it' though
tongue.gif

Pdiddy

Reaction score
hey, anybody know how I can get Chace Crawford hair in this picture ?

http://coolmenshair.com/2008/07/chac...hairstyle.html

Do I have to get my hair cut differently ? Or use a certain styling product?
I haveheard that 'seperation cream' should be used to give the hair more texture, where can I get such cream ?

Also, what length should my hair be for this to look good ?
Cant seem to get a good hairstyle no matter what I do!!

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pdiddy
hey, anybody know how I can get Chace Crawford hair in this picture ? http://coolmenshair.com/2008/07/chac...hairstyle.html Do I have to get my hair cut differently ? Or use a certain styling product? I haveheard that 'seperation cream' should be used to give the hair more texture, where can I get such cream ? Also, what length should my hair be for this to look good ? Cant seem to get a good hairstyle no matter what I do!!
Are you sure you want to get that cut? Isn't the whole Zac Effron thing kind of stale by now? Try this

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads