The Official Hair Thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by APK, Mar 16, 2011.

1. SimonSays

SimonSays Member

Hey,

I'm looking for some pointers. I've been getting my hair cut at around 3 length around the sides with a bit more on top, I'm thinking about going shorter, much shorter around the sides but could do with a few images to get some ideas, and to also help with showing the hairdresser what I want as I'm overseas...does anything come to mind?

Thanks.

P.S. I have thick, dark, straight hair if that info is required.

2. willpower

willpower Senior member

Hey,

I'm looking for some pointers. I've been getting my hair cut at around 3 length around the sides with a bit more on top, I'm thinking about going shorter, much shorter around the sides but could do with a few images to get some ideas, and to also help with showing the hairdresser what I want as I'm overseas...does anything come to mind?

Thanks.

P.S. I have thick, dark, straight hair if that info is required.

3. SimonSays

SimonSays Member

Thanks for the recommendation but there's no way I can walk around looking like Ronaldo. It's not what I had in mind, in general, though...

4. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Amazing one can be on this site for a year and just recently find this thread. Will be investigated further. I've been wanting to do a Tom Welling sort of thing recently, but I need to grow my hair out longer first. An old Smallville episode was on TV and just made me remember how much I used to enjoy that show. Something like this, I guess: [​IMG] That is all. When hair gets long enough to cut down to this, will post pics. When my hair used to be really long in high school it always got too heavy on top for something similar - just kind of matted straight down.

5. guest

guest Senior member

i want shoulder lenghth hair. how long a wait?

6. willpower

willpower Senior member

1/2" per month.

7. Grug

Grug Senior member

I've been growing mine out since November last year, it's currently just past my nose, so my guess would be about an even 12 months for shoulder-length hair.

8. syed

syed Well-Known Member

Yeah, it'll be just over a year on average if you have straight hair. But with curly hair...[​IMG]

9. guest

guest Senior member

I've been growing mine out since November last year, it's currently just past my nose, so my guess would be about an even 12 months for shoulder-length hair.
    your length is probably the longest iv ever had mine. probably the only good thing coming from being broke was i was able to grow out my hair.[​IMG] does transitioning into haircuts work? i seem to get stuck on that gossip girl dudes bang-y haircut like in pdiddy's post last time i was growing it out. but maybe they cut it according to what was trendy i dunno. or 12 months straight no haircut. haircuts are really cheap and really good here in asia. kinda tempting to go every month.

10. guest

guest Senior member

[​IMG]

pretty close to my current one just different kind of hair.

11. Grug

Grug Senior member

your length is probably the longest iv ever had mine. probably the only good thing coming from being broke was i was able to grow out my hair.[​IMG] does transitioning into haircuts work? i seem to get stuck on that gossip girl dudes bang-y haircut like in pdiddy's post last time i was growing it out. but maybe they cut it according to what was trendy i dunno. or 12 months straight no haircut. haircuts are really cheap and really good here in asia. kinda tempting to go every month.
    There isn't really much you can do beyond avoiding haircuts. There's also going to a substantial period of time (months and month) during which it will be almost impossible to make it look good. I've had mine trimmed at the back a couple of time ( and will again next week), and had the hair dresser clean up the sides a tad when he did that. Which helps, but it's still a matter of waiting it out.

12. airblaster503

airblaster503 Senior member

Your face is heart shaped/triangular. The second one would suit you best. 1 and 3 are too harsh.

If you want to go shorter, do it like this. Show your stylist this vid or do screen captures

Just wondering what you think his sides are cut on the sides and how long his hair is on top. Really tired of my wavy hair at the moment and going for something that I don't have to do alot with. Mainly just want to know if I should get the top cut with scissors or if I would be alright going on the top with the longest attachment for clippers.

13. willpower

willpower Senior member

Just wondering what you think his sides are cut on the sides and how long his hair is on top. Really tired of my wavy hair at the moment and going for something that I don't have to do alot with. Mainly just want to know if I should get the top cut with scissors or if I would be alright going on the top with the longest attachment for clippers.

Just show your hairdresser the video and defer to their aesthetic expertise.

14. East2West

East2West Senior member

I just started using Bumble and Bumble Quenching conditioner and I highly recommend it.
    My hair feel healthy and hydrated which is great. I switched from the Creme De Coco conditioner although I'm using the CDC shampoo with this new conditioner.
    A+ product for anyone considering it!

15. Achillus

Achillus Senior member

How bout these

[​IMG]

Nice.