• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought this 100% silk scarf about 4 months ago. Upon pulling it out yesterday I noticed that it's unravelling at the fringe. Does anyone know how to repair or prevent it from continuing to come unraveled? Kind of a bummer since I've never even worn it
View attachment 1608656

View attachment 1608658
Thanks. I am in the US, but I did reach out to them. Couldn't hurt!
To follow up on this, Drake's offered to replace it but they did not have the same color in stock any longer, so they gave me a gift voucher for the amount I paid for the scarf.
It was nice of them, but I'm really more interested in repairing the scarf, so if anyone has suggestions for where to send it please do let me know

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To follow up on this, Drake's offered to replace it but they did not have the same color in stock any longer, so they gave me a gift voucher for the amount I paid for the scarf.
It was nice of them, but I'm really more interested in repairing the scarf, so if anyone has suggestions for where to send it please do let me know
I've always just taken them to my tailor who puts in a few small stitches using matching thread. Stops the unravelling. Sometimes they have to stitch all the way across but it's hard to notice.

Very nice of Drake's to offer a replacement.

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've always just taken them to my tailor who puts in a few small stitches using matching thread. Stops the unravelling. Sometimes they have to stitch all the way across but it's hard to notice.

Very nice of Drake's to offer a replacement.
Thanks, Smitty! I'll take it to my tailor and see if he thinks he can do that

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Marrkt just put up some new things from Drake's

Bought this tweed bal coat for $435.

MKT-0521-STS-01Front_2050x.jpeg

mbb355

Reaction score
Marrkt just put up some new things from Drake's

Bought this tweed bal coat for $435.

View attachment 1611969
Nice pick-up. The green linen overshirt looks nice but I wish it were more olive than sage. Ah, well.

garigo

Reaction score
Any difference in sizing between bleach and ecru (was mentioned somewhere)? Thanks!
FWIW, I picked up a pair of the restocked ecru jeans (made in Portugal), and the size is consistent with the indigo ones without sizing down.

mbb355

Reaction score
FWIW, I picked up a pair of the restocked ecru jeans (made in Portugal), and the size is consistent with the indigo ones without sizing down.
By "consistent with the indigo ones," are you referring to the Indigo Rinse jeans? I generally find the more recent Drakes jeans (made in Portugal) to fit a little better and more comfortably than the prior round made in England.

garigo

Reaction score
By "consistent with the indigo ones," are you referring to the Indigo Rinse jeans? I generally find the more recent Drakes jeans (made in Portugal) to fit a little better and more comfortably than the prior round made in England.
Yes that’s right, I mean that equal sizes fit the same.

GabrielJF

Reaction score
There seems to be no option to add anything to the basket and no sizes displayed. is this because its yet to go fully live or have you all completely swarmed through the site like heritage wearing vultures?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics