• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I would guess so as well, but wanted to see. That said, if anybody wants a solid navy NWT Monocle x Drake's for $100 (or 50 pounds) let me know!

Like your style, good plug!

I'm sure a pic will help...

nmoore82

Reaction score
Today. Drake's shirt (Cleeve) and tie combo.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone purchased a sport coat from Drakes? I live in the US and am contemplating a purchase, but want more info on fit and quality, since a return would be a PITA, and realist let expensive.

I'm looking at the gray black herringbone.....

Any thoughts or comments are welcome.

RogerC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not purchased, but tried on. The fabrics are beautiful and not always easily found in mainstream books, and the construction seems high quality. However, I found them far overpriced - I could get two bespoke jackets from my Hong Kong tailor for the price of one RTW Drakes.

chcady004

Reaction score
I am travelling to London Tuesday and plan on hitting both Drake's stores.

I previously read that the outlet does not offer the right forms to obtain the VAT refund, does anyone know if that is still the case? If so, I need to ship to the states, right?

I am hitting the outlet either Wednesday or Friday, any words of advise? I hope to "make a killing."

Thanks Gents

Charles

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Has anyone purchased a sport coat from Drakes? I live in the US and am contemplating a purchase, but want more info on fit and quality, since a return would be a PITA, and realist let expensive.

Made by Caruso, right? Good construction is the consensus on SF.

Spandexter

Reaction score

I picked up a blue linen sport coat from the recent sale and its really nice. Fabric is on the thicker side but still supple. Shoulders are soft and the length is probably just a touch on the shorter side (36r). It's with my tailor until next week but I'm looking forward to wearing it during summer.

Agree with RogerC regarding the price.

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I am travelling to London Tuesday and plan on hitting both Drake's stores.

I previously read that the outlet does not offer the right forms to obtain the VAT refund, does anyone know if that is still the case? If so, I need to ship to the states, right?

I am hitting the outlet either Wednesday or Friday, any words of advise? I hope to "make a killing."

Thanks Gents

Charles

There are some serious bargains to be had. You'll enjoy yourself!

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not purchased, but tried on. The fabrics are beautiful and not always easily found in mainstream books, and the construction seems high quality. However, I found them far overpriced - I could get two bespoke jackets from my Hong Kong tailor for the price of one RTW Drakes.

Made by Caruso, right? Good construction is the consensus on SF.

I picked up a blue linen sport coat from the recent sale and its really nice. Fabric is on the thicker side but still supple. Shoulders are soft and the length is probably just a touch on the shorter side (36r). It's with my tailor until next week but I'm looking forward to wearing it during summer.

Agree with RogerC regarding the price.

Rumour has it they changed to Belvest since the previous collection... A steep price but beautiful jackets nonetheless

Thanks for all the replies, to be honest I am still on the fence.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Tie and square both from Exquisite Trimmings :slayer:

This picture raises something I have been meaning to post for a few days. I recently had the chance to see a good portion of Drakes FW collection in person at my local source. While most of the collection looks (to me anyway) uninteresting and uninspired on the Web Store, in person is a very different story.

I believe the tie above is wool variant and comes in three colorways, all are gorgeous.

Here are some links to ties that I think are simply stunning in person, but not very exciting on the web....(YMMV)

http://www.drakes.com/online-shop/ties/view-all/handrolled-printed-glen-check-8cm-wool-tie-9902 (already mentioned)

http://www.drakes.com/online-shop/ties/view-all/handrolled-floral-rosette-print-8cm-wool-tie-9910 (wool, but conservative)

http://www.drakes.com/online-shop/ties/view-all/handrolled-woven-grenadine-8cm-silk-tie-9237 (flecky grenadine)

http://www.drakes.com/online-shop/t...d-herringbone-block-stripe-woven-8cm-wool-tie (no words, just gorgeous and will be my next tie purchase)

And I think these are madder-like silk PSs and lovely (already picked up the red variant) :
http://www.drakes.com/online-shop/pocket-squares/autumnal-paisley-print-silk-pocket-square-9352

If you have a place to see this collection in person, I recommend it.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you guys noticed that the ties have gone up in price? Or it could be the sinking Canadian dollar...

RogerC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Prices have gone up and (in my opinion) design quality has gone down since the Armoury takeover.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads