• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Psyko

Reaction score
Hey, guys. Need some help here. Do any of you know of a brand that offers a high waisted, wide fit denim om a light wash, apart from Drake's and Chad Prom? I want an ever wider fit than any of them offer.

Buffon.bj

Reaction score
Hey, guys. Need some help here. Do any of you know of a brand that offers a high waisted, wide fit denim om a light wash, apart from Drake's and Chad Prom? I want an ever wider fit than any of them offer.

Levi's Vintage Clothing 1955 501 would be a good fit for that description. They should be available both on Levi's site and on Yoox.

Psyko

Reaction score
I own a pair of Cabourn unsanforized 4 pocket jeans. They have a super wide fit, and I love them. As for the unsanforized part: unsanforized denim has a structure and hand feel that is som much more pleasureable than normal denim. I recommend everyone to try the Armoury/ Cabourn denim, just because of the tactile sensation of sanforized denim. I never want to go back to normal raw denim. It's so stiff and boring.

I find it frustrating that a wide fitting ligth wash denim is non existent, when there are several makers of wide fitting raw denim.

And to DavidLane, aristoi and buffon: thanks for the suggestions!

Buffon.bj

Reaction score
Here's a quick pic of the LVC 1955's that I have; I really like how even with its 22cm foot opening, it still does not look like a wide jean instead of a straight fit jean due to its good proportions along the leg, hip and knee. The shirt and shoes don't really fit as well here...

espen

Reaction score
Question for the tie-wearers...Am I in the minority that tends to err on the side of Drake's more whimsical prints? My job doesn't require shirt and tie, but I tend to reach for more of the fun patterns from Drake's rather than the somber ones. The red diver's this season has been a favourite.

chiggyv

Reaction score

Perhaps more down-market than SF is willing to accept but I have heard great things about the LL Bean Natural fit.

Agree with he above, my love affair with raw denim has slowly given away to more practical options.

nycs10011

Reaction score
I work in a similarly casual office but wear a tie daily. I mix it up, sometimes going for the simple solids or repps I have from Drake's and other makers sometimes going for more unusual and colorful options. For me, part of the fun is having a variety of options.

Question for the tie-wearers...Am I in the minority that tends to err on the side of Drake's more whimsical prints? My job doesn't require shirt and tie, but I tend to reach for more of the fun patterns from Drake's rather than the somber ones. The red diver's this season has been a favourite.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads