• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Dieworkwear Appreciation Thread

Adsky Luck

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Drab olive is to go for

Attachments

• 9739481F-8A92-44C6-ABDF-E27F085D195C.jpeg
    9739481F-8A92-44C6-ABDF-E27F085D195C.jpeg
    262.2 KB · Views: 43
  • A242AD39-D22F-434B-AFD0-CD19EB3739EC.jpeg
    A242AD39-D22F-434B-AFD0-CD19EB3739EC.jpeg
    146 KB · Views: 69

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Is it possible that, in Japan, the 44 is actually smaller than the ones they made for the rest of world markets, and the jacket I bought is a true JDM piece? Or is this person just mis-measuring and I am going to get a huge jacket (for me, ~41" chest here). Taking bets/curious if anyone understands Japanese production vs. what they send off to us.

I don't know if Japanese brands make different sizes for different markets. Meaning, if a size 38 in Japan is made differently from a size 38 for the international market. I have bought clothes using Japanese proxies using my understanding of their US sizing, and I haven't run into any problems.

That said, I also find that some Japanese brands tag their garment using the size of the actual garment, not the wearer it's intended for. In other words, a size 44 garment might just measure 44" around the chest (and thus intended for someone with a much smaller chest size).

Derek @dieworkwear wrote about 5-pocket cords, and I can't seem to find the article. I looked on PTO and his site, but no luck.

I am looking to add some casual pants that work in a variety of fits, mostly RRL and the occasional sport coat. I have a pair of 5 pocket cords in gray, and some khaki's but I need a couple more colors/cloths like moleskin and canvas.

What color/cloth/cut combinations does everyone like?

-DL

I have a pair of grey patchwork RRL five-pocket cords that I like wearing with workwear. I also have a pair of Ralph Lauren five-pocket cords in olive. Maybe it's all in my head, but those feel a little more Americana/ preppy to me, so I keep them with more "trad" outfits.

I've been wanting to get five-pocket cords in this color, but am currently wearing RRL jeans in a very similar color and think I might be needlessly doubling up. But they seem like a good alternative to khaki chinos.

tumblr_nfws6cBuQk1rf1jvro1_1280.jpeg

StaticProgression

Reaction score
I don't know if Japanese brands make different sizes for different markets. Meaning, if a size 38 in Japan is made differently from a size 38 for the international market. I have bought clothes using Japanese proxies using my understanding of their US sizing, and I haven't run into any problems.

That said, I also find that some Japanese brands tag their garment using the size of the actual garment, not the wearer it's intended for. In other words, a size 44 garment might just measure 44" around the chest (and thus intended for someone with a much smaller chest size).

I have a pair of grey patchwork RRL five-pocket cords that I like wearing with workwear. I also have a pair of Ralph Lauren five-pocket cords in olive. Maybe it's all in my head, but those feel a little more Americana/ preppy to me, so I keep them with more "trad" outfits.

I've been wanting to get five-pocket cords in this color, but am currently wearing RRL jeans in a very similar color and think I might be needlessly doubling up. But they seem like a good alternative to khaki chinos.

View attachment 1689150

Thanks, yeah, I'm hoping that's the case, because on Self Edge the sizing doesn't correspond to actual chest width like that like, their Medium-40 is actually 41.75". I'll update this question here when it arrives from Japan (makes me feel like the Quari song saying that ?)

@dieworkwear are those the RRL patchwork cords from like 2 seasons ago? Those are straight fire, I regret never picking those up.

sood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Derek @dieworkwear wrote about 5-pocket cords, and I can't seem to find the article. I looked on PTO and his site, but no luck.

I am looking to add some casual pants that work in a variety of fits, mostly RRL and the occasional sport coat. I have a pair of 5 pocket cords in gray, and some khaki's but I need a couple more colors/cloths like moleskin and canvas.

What color/cloth/cut combinations does everyone like?

-DL

if you are feeling a little adventurous, here are few options,
  1. document moleskin
  2. drakes rose pink corduroy
  3. fujito-corduroy-easy-pants-brown-gold

StaticProgression

Reaction score
I think about two winters ago. Patchwork and pre-distressed, which I know is not very StyleForum approved. But I like them.

I don't really care if they're approved, they're so awesome, I remember the article you did about expanding beyond a basic jeans and pants wardrobe, there were those dark brown RRL cords from canoe club's lookbook as the main article photo, man, to this day, my most wanted pair of pants of all time. Patchwork cords are cool, rock them with pride

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Two colors I really like in 5 pocket cords for autumn and winter are cranberry and forest green.

Spier & Mackay have good colors.

I'm also partial to Billy Reid's 5 pocket options.

justridiculous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was wondering about those. How would you describe the fit? I had some cords from Taylor Stitch a few years ago but found them to be too snug for my liking.

These seem to fit very similar to 501s, IMO. Pretty straight, slight taper. I have big thighs and these work very well. Sid Mashburn and Billy Reid didn't work for me because they were too slim. Glenn's are perfect.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was wondering about those. How would you describe the fit? I had some cords from Taylor Stitch a few years ago but found them to be too snug for my liking.

I wonder if TS changed their fit then. The pair I have from last year is much more roomy, especially in the top block, than my Sid Mashburns (with roughly equivalent waist measurements)

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I I also have a pair of Ralph Lauren five-pocket cords in olive. Maybe it's all in my head, but those feel a little more Americana/ preppy to me, so I keep them with more "trad" outfits.

View attachment 1689150

j crew’s saddle brown is also a pretty good approximation after they break-in and fade a bit

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads