• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Beer Thread

Bond111

Reaction score

No beer is worth driving that far to get unless you are planning on taking a brewery tour and spending the day, but driving that far for beer is marsupialed...

I have to drive an hour anytime I want to look at a good selection of good beer. My town's distributor are assholes. Best thing we get is Rogue bombers, and they stock Westmalle tripel. In a town of 25,000+ people this is uncalled for. But that's what happens when you live in small town Iowa...

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ yes. prices were anywhere from $15-20 in MI and worth every ******* penny. i'll go out on a limb and say it's better than CBS. obvi completely different beers, but blushing monk is that ******* good.

think smuckers raspberry jam that gives you a buzz.

Last edited:

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I get a call on the way to pick up my case of CBS today that between the distributor and the store 10 of the 12 bottle broke. LOLOLOLOLOL CBS fail.

alexg

Reaction score
I checked the date on the Backwoods Bastard, it's 2011 so I guess it's been released. The store had two more cases of it today. I also picked up their last 4 pack of Thomas Hardy's Ale, Founders Harvest Ale and some more Breakfast Stout, Stone 15th Anniversary, DFH 90 and a bottle of Orval. This could be a good weekend.

Edit: Drinking the Backwoods Bastard now. If I could marry Founder's, I would. Everything they touch is gold.

Last edited:

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I went back and somebody had already took the parabola. Fuuuu. Went back to actually return beers but ended up just buying some cantillon (kriek and rose gambrinus)

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You folks drink some weird beer.

For an everyday sort of beer there is Shiner, Shiner black, Newcastle, and ZiegenBock. If I want something a little lighter I'll have a Landshark or a Dos Equis. A little heavier and I'll go for a Killian's or Smithwick's. If it's nice and cold out and I'm not planning on doing a ton of running around, then it'll be a Kilkenny or a Guinness.

Fruity beers and expensive beers make me want to cry.

Edit: San Miguel is a good everyday beer too

Last edited:

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

You folks drink some weird beer.

For an everyday sort of beer there is Shiner, Shiner black, Newcastle, and ZiegenBock. If I want something a little lighter I'll have a Landshark or a Dos Equis. A little heavier and I'll go for a Killian's or Smithwick's. If it's nice and cold out and I'm not planning on doing a ton of running around, then it'll be a Kilkenny or a Guinness.

Fruity beers and expensive beers make me want to cry.

Edit: San Miguel is a good everyday beer too

If you can get your hands on founders blushing monk do it. I normally extremely dislike fruit beers but this raspberry beer is soooooo damn delicious. Madly In love. Ten thousand times better than lindemans

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If I could marry Founder's, I would. Everything they touch is gold.

I could not agree more! Everything I've had by them I've loved!

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ you guys need to find Harvest Ale is you haven't already.

grand rapids isn't the greatest city in the US, but it sure does have some good breweries.

on founders' website, the CEO wrote a long message about the scarcity of the the limited beers. i know they just went through a big upgrade so after KBS 2012, the limiteds won't be so limited anymore. :slayer:

Last edited:

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Rambeaux if you're reading this no proper internet access and pm in tapatalk doesnt work. I'm away for the weekend and don't have the receipt with me. I remember the info said it should get there Saturday but at latest Monday. Sorry must've put in a number wrong

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^^ you guys need to find Harvest Ale is you haven't already.
grand rapids isn't the greatest city in the US, but it sure does have some good breweries.
on founders' website, the CEO wrote a long message about the scarcity of the the limited beers. i know they just went through a big upgrade so after KBS 2012, the limiteds won't be so limited anymore. :slayer:

For me every beer I've had from them has been like a limited release beer, granted my beer experience is no where near that of the regular posters here but on a consistency basis Founders is batting near 1000.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads