• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Beer Thread

ahk1979

Reaction score
I was in Vermont this weekend as well. Picked up a case of Heady Topper, some Hill Farmstead Ephraim and some bottles of Main Brewing stuff. Wish I could have got more, but didn't want to have to pay Canadian customs on it. It was my first time in Vermont and I loved it! It's like a magical land of beer.

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice man, ephriam is great, abner is my fave I have 4l of it and havent cracked it...prob drink one of the 2l tomorrow night.

EZETHATSME

Reaction score
Drinking a local Widmer Hefeweizen at the moment.

Just read that I live in the city with the most breweries in the world... This makes me very, very happy.

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Remaining:

JSC437

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trying to lose some weight... so giving up beer drinking.

Any of you NYC guys want some of my beer collection? I don't want this to violate some selling policy on Styleforum, so just send me a PM. I just want this stuff out of my beer closet (which is climate controlled). Hopefully I can make one of you nyc guys the envy of all your beer geek friends. Trust me... i will let this collection go for extremely cheap. or i could trade for things like brooks brothers gift cards.

Or if you dont live in nyc.. just tell your friends who live here. Styleforum has been good to me, so i will return the favor

you would have to come to Inwood in Northern Manhattan. Anyway.. just send me a pm for more info. it will be worth your while, as i want this stuff out of my apartment asap.

I have the following:

1 case of bourbon county stout 2012
2 bottles of bourbon county stout coffee 2013
3 bottles of bourbon country stout cherry rye 2013
1 bottle of Parabola 2012
4 bottles of Kuhnhenn barrel aged 4th dementia... i think it is 2011
7 bottles of founders KBS 2012
4 bottles of founders KBS 2011
2 bottles of Dogfish 120 minute IPA

[ATTACHMENT=6442]photo.jpg (1,536k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

Last edited:

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
****. Nice collection. JohnGalt, we should have Bogey or Digital go pick this up!

JSC437

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yah. Just being honest with you guys, I used to collect beer. I just lost interest. Would prefer to clear this out of my closet, make room for other collections.

Let me know.

Only thing I am keeping is a case of Abyss 2012. My favorite beer.

Last edited:

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Brewing tonight. Second half of the pale ale recipe I tried last time (that I think is fuxxored). Bought the real beer cleaner (PBW) instead of trying to use the oxyclean and am trying to be extremely careful about sanitation (even though I was last time too). If this one turns out bad, I'm going to say there is something wrong with the recipe kit and move on.

Also ordered another container so I can move into a secondary fermenter and then batch prime this batch.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
well....i'm actually in ny and i can pick up indesertum's share since he's a good college friend so.... <_<;; i'm also eyeing the other bottle of the coffee stout...

Last edited:

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Discovered I was a bit short on ice for my ice bath (to cool the wort before adding it to the fermenter). Improvised with a brick of pork tenderloins that has been hiding in the back of my freezer since early 2011...at least they got used for something.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads