The Official Beer Thread

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by DNW, Jul 20, 2007.

  1. otc

    otc Senior member

    Messages:
    14,476
    Likes Received:
    4,116
    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2008
    Bah. I think this batch of beer is infected.

    I can't quite describe what I am tasting, but it doesn't taste good. Its still got 2 weeks before its really ready, but I don't think its going to turn out.
     


  2. Tooch4321

    Tooch4321 Senior member

    Messages:
    2,715
    Likes Received:
    153
    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2008
    Location:
    Bucktown (Chicago), IL
    

    I doubt there was ever a keg of Flower Child, I literally live across the alley from Pipeworks and having been inside the brewery several times, I can say it's a very small operations. 95% of their beer ends up in bottles with the other 5% going into kegs that they self-distribute to a couple small accounts. Most kegs are saved for beer events and tap-take overs...
     


  3. texas_jack

    texas_jack Senior member

    Messages:
    10,257
    Likes Received:
    477
    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2006
    Location:
    Hobart, IN
    

    You'd be surprised. Let it sit
     


  4. ama

    ama Senior member

    Messages:
    3,823
    Likes Received:
    52
    Joined:
    Jul 14, 2008
    

    Figure of speech...

    Hopefully they will can some of the BWs though once they get that going.
     


  5. otc

    otc Senior member

    Messages:
    14,476
    Likes Received:
    4,116
    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2008
    

    I'm letting it sit, but I'm not too hopeful. It also seems to have failed to sufficiently carbonate...I didn't batch prime so its possible that just that one bottle was low on sugar....but its also possible that something is screwed up.
     
    Last edited: May 2, 2013


  6. Pilot

    Pilot Senior member

    Messages:
    2,663
    Likes Received:
    349
    Joined:
    Jan 13, 2008
    Tonight;
    North coast old stock
    Boulder mojo risin
    Founders dirty bastard
    Troegs Flying Mouflan
     


  7. otc

    otc Senior member

    Messages:
    14,476
    Likes Received:
    4,116
    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2008
    Made it.

    [​IMG]

    Pretty nice tour and tasting. Maybe not the most informative but they let you taste the beer at many stages and give you a good amount of samples. Better than my previous favourite tour (lakefront) by far.
     


  8. concealed

    concealed Senior member

    Messages:
    2,282
    Likes Received:
    1,706
    Joined:
    Feb 15, 2012
    Location:
    404


  9. OmniscientCause

    OmniscientCause Senior member

    Messages:
    2,276
    Likes Received:
    320
    Joined:
    Feb 27, 2011
    Location:
    Boston, MA
    Its very good...waiting for it to warm up a bit more before I crack one of mine...I have 3.
     


  10. concealed

    concealed Senior member

    Messages:
    2,282
    Likes Received:
    1,706
    Joined:
    Feb 15, 2012
    Location:
    404
    one sour deserves another

    [​IMG]
     


  11. ama

    ama Senior member

    Messages:
    3,823
    Likes Received:
    52
    Joined:
    Jul 14, 2008
    
    Want!
     


  12. kwilkinson

    kwilkinson Having a Ball

    Messages:
    33,652
    Likes Received:
    857
    Joined:
    Nov 21, 2007
    Location:
    Chicago
    Breckenridge 471 DIPA.
    Point Wholehog IPA
    Finch's Fascist Pig
    Finch's Shock and Awe
    Bell's Oberon
    Schlafly Oatmeal Stout

    Cousin was in town from Colorado. Had to ahow him how the midwest does craft beer.
    Will regret it in AM when alarm goes off at 5:15.
     


  13. munchausen

    munchausen Senior member

    Messages:
    8,189
    Likes Received:
    2,222
    Joined:
    Oct 22, 2009
    Went to pick up KBS today. Apparently all spoken for. :(
     


  14. concealed

    concealed Senior member

    Messages:
    2,282
    Likes Received:
    1,706
    Joined:
    Feb 15, 2012
    Location:
    404


  15. munchausen

    munchausen Senior member

    Messages:
    8,189
    Likes Received:
    2,222
    Joined:
    Oct 22, 2009
    Jester King Censored Smoked Saison. Kind of a perverse idea but not bad. These guys are never boring at least.
     


Share This Page

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by