• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Beer Thread

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank god for southwest giving you two free checked bags:

no abrasive? your doing it wrong.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Your offer of a beer that a non beer lover would like is a smoked beer?

Considering that he eats a lot of rich and ***** cheeses, yes. Smoked beers appeal to many non-beer lovers because frankly, many don't taste like beer.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Considering that he eats a lot of rich and ***** cheeses, yes. Smoked beers appeal to many non-beer lovers because frankly, many don't taste like beer.

first time i've heard that. odd, because many beer lovers don't like smoked beers.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

no abrasive? your doing it wrong.

Is that available yet? I didn't see it on the shelves at the two stores I was at this trip.

Double IPAs aren't my favorite style anyways...

No coffee bender either at this shop...and I have never tried Hell

Last edited:

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Heady Topper is better than Abrasive...

Oh im sure it is, nothing compares to it in its style but I will always be willing to try things others think are close. I bought some la cumbre elevated ipa that i finally have in my possession. Will give that a go tonight after my last bottle of zombie dust.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Honestly, the surly beers are expensive for what they are. I like them well enough, and I enjoy supporting something local that lets me be proud of my home state...so I will load up when I visit home.

But, those 4-packs ranged from $9.99 to $12.99 and at 16 oz a can, they come up 8oz short of a regular 6pack (and if you are just drinking by yourself, it means you get 4 chances to taste it rather than 6...although 16oz is a more dividable size if you want to share). There are a lot of better deals to be had if your budget is able to go all of the way up to $12.99 per six pack (at least based on chicago prices where I have never paid that much for a sixpack of anything).

Think it is great stuff on tap though (where it costs the same as the other tap beers), especially the Furious, and being served a glass of Smoke with the right kind of meal is pretty awesome. Still haven't managed to try Darkness, but that's supposed to be great.

Last edited:

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is that available yet? I didn't see it on the shelves at the two stores I was at this trip.
Double IPAs aren't my favorite style anyways...
No coffee bender either at this shop...and I have never tried Hell

The release party for Abrasive was mid-November here in the Twin Cities.

concealed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly, the surly beers are expensive for what they are. I like them well enough, and I enjoy supporting something local that lets me be proud of my home state...so I will load up when I visit home.
But, those 4-packs ranged from $9.99 to $12.99 and at 16 oz a can, they come up 8oz short of a regular 6pack (and if you are just drinking by yourself, it means you get 4 chances to taste it rather than 6...although 16oz is a more dividable size if you want to share). There are a lot of better deals to be had if your budget is able to go all of the way up to $12.99 per six pack (at least based on chicago prices where I have never paid that much for a sixpack of anything).
Think it is great stuff on tap though (where it costs the same as the other tap beers), especially the Furious, and being served a glass of Smoke with the right kind of meal is pretty awesome. Still haven't managed to try Darkness, but that's supposed to be great.

Totally worth that price

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yea idk our beer budgets are different apparently...I have no issue dropping most of my disposable income on beer. Its pretty much my hobby, so 10 bucks for a 4pk of tall boys is pretty good if you ask me. Heady is 13 for the same oz allocation. Id buy surly all I could if I was in Minn, Ive never had anything from them but from people on BA it seems worth it. I need to figure out when to drink my 12 darkness, and if I should cellar it or closet it in my case.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Yea idk our beer budgets are different apparently...I have no issue dropping most of my disposable income on beer. Its pretty much my hobby, so 10 bucks for a 4pk of tall boys is pretty good if you ask me. Heady is 13 for the same oz allocation. Id buy surly all I could if I was in Minn, Ive never had anything from them but from people on BA it seems worth it. I need to figure out when to drink my 12 darkness, and if I should cellar it or closet it in my case.

What I'm trying to say is...I like the beer, but I can find other beers I like in greater quantities for less money (hell, I can buy something like Anti-Hero IPA 6-packs for $9.99 at whole foods where everything is overpriced).

Obviously I don't have a problem buying it (see pic), but I think that if I still lived in MN, the novelty would wear off eventually and I would wonder why I was paying more (especially since whenever I see it on tap, it costs the same as beers I can get regularily for <$10 a 6-pack).

Heck, when zombie dust is in stock here, it goes for $11.99 a 6-pack.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads