1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Beer Thread

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by DNW, Jul 20, 2007.

1. brp2

brp2 Senior member

As others have said, Cantillon is a fun time. It's pretty much all Americans visiting there, though. I talked with one of the guys working there and he attributed the American presence to the fact that we're trendy in our beer-likes, and we've now moved on to sours. Hard to find fault with his opinion, really.

On my visit the bar area was primarily occupied by a couple groups of Americans, each comprised of four or five 20- to 30-somethings. They'd been there for hours drinking as much as they could get their hands on. Fortunately they were nice and sociable and didn't seem too obnoxious.

2. OmniscientCause

OmniscientCause Senior member

I've been drinking Belgians both Abby's and sours since I became legal so it's not just a new thing for me. I drink everything and am incredibly quiet. Plus like I said my gf is a French citizen so we'd seem only half foreign.

But yes, I agree the general trend right now is sours.

3. brp2

brp2 Senior member

Sorry--wasn't casting aspersions on you or anything like that, just noting the general trend too.

4. OmniscientCause

David is phenomenal I don't ever remember drinking a better smelling dipa and I've had pretty much every top dipa.

I'm speechless to the smell. The taste is a soft fruit juice that incredibly drinkable. Lots of mago and peach. Utter utter bliss.

1 person likes this.
  5. brp2

brp2 Senior member

A couple from tonight:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'd held on to the Dogfish for a while, and I'm not sure if I waited too long to drink it or not. It was a bit active, and I'm not sure I really got the ingredients inspiring its name -- instead it seemed like coffee and chocolate, a pretty typical double.

Conversely, the Epic could probably benefit from some time spent sitting. At nearly 12%, it's all sweetness and smoke. It'd be interesting to see what happens after a year or more.

6. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

David?

7. OmniscientCause

Treehouse/toppling Goliath dipa collab

1 person likes this.
  8. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

How much St. Lamvinus is around?!

9. otc

otc Senior member

The ladyfriend bought me a bottle of Blackkr, a Surly/Three Floyds/Real Ale collab at Three Floyds (so obviously, it is the 3F version in a bomber).

Planning to open that tonight as well as the 3rd iteration of the game of thrones beer (which I have heard is just average)

10. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Deschutes Fresh Squeezed IPA and Sharks' hockey. The beer is better than the game so far.

[​IMG]

11. cocostella

cocostella Senior member

Several Stone Pale Ales. This is the one Stone beer I will always return to. Just a classic American pale....

12. concealed

concealed Senior member

[​IMG]

Sad I only have 2 more left

13. Ken P

Ken P Senior member

It was a good weekend for drinking outside. This one was really good. Strong mango/pineapple scent to it.
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  14. hc4thehc

hc4thehc Senior member

15. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

Sure it's been asked before, but anybody he brew? After about two years of, "yeah man we should buy a kit and start brewing" I finally just decided to buy one of the small Brooklyn Brew Shop Everyday IPA kits and go for it. Have to start somewhere. I'm definitely excited about the process!

16. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

OTC does. I want to pick it up

17. brp2

brp2 Senior member

Yeah, but haven't for a while. My brewing buddy started brewing with his wife, so I'm out. On the upside, they make fantastic stuff and I get to drink it, so no complaints here.

18. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

Well, It's in the beginning stages of fermentation. Looks like plenty of foam/"krausen" after the first 18 hours or so. Waiting two more days before i put the airlock on. As far as I can tell, I did everything right and had the proper temperatures and times for everything. Sterilized everything like it should have been, etc.. Can't wait to see this thing start fermenting away and starting to clear up a bit.

1 person likes this.
  19. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

20. hc4thehc

hc4thehc Senior member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.