• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Beer Thread

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
General question: Does the beer scene in the south(east) just generally suck? I went to a so-called "craft beer" bar tonight with 20+ taps and the highest ABV beer they had on draft was 6.x%. (Not that ABV is how I judge beer, it just gives you an idea of the lack of variety.) All the local IPAs are boring and weak, and there's almost nothing Belgian or Belgian-inspired. This has been the experience I've had the last week I've been down here, not just at this bar.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
359f01aa_image.jpeg

Bad pic, can't see 6

fuuuuu

i can has some?

Last edited:

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ill deduct 5% off of what Galt is selling/trading for

Store by my house has 4 packs just chilling on shelves.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
By the way. I think I have leftover beer at mauros. It's yours if I am right.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got a couple of the tenth anniversary Utopias. The place that I got them had an open one so I got to try it. Its a little hot still, but the flavors are pretty awesome. The rum comes through nicely.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dogfish Head Burton Baton. It's great and all, but I don't see a lot of difference between this and the 90 min IPA, other than a slightly higher ABV. The hops tend to overpower the oak barrel flavors.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For Sandra, Flying Dog's K-9 Winter Ale (which is much better this season than it has been in the past) and a 4 of 21st Amendment Monks Blood. Drinkin the Monks Blood out of a St. Bernadus Watou chalice right now, wearing schneider fw11 shawl collar cardi, watching the storm unfold over humboldt st. feels good man. :slayer:

post sandra ima hit up beer street for nov releases and see if they have anymore fisherman's pumpkin stout, bottle i had was exceptional (i am not really a pumpkin beer guy).

Last edited:

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A lot of Founders Harvest Ale lately. Also, Three Hour Tour from Town Hall.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics