• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Beer Thread

bearlydavid

Reaction score
Originally Posted by clarity
I am not really a beer connoisseur or anything. But I have been enjoying Newcastle the past few months. Guinness is good in the colder months I'll switch to that after Thanksgiving probably. I had St. Bernardus recently though and was very impressed and would like to find out how to get some more.

Newcastle Brown Ale is one of my favorite beers.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up a 6 pack of Hofbrau Wisse the other day. Was not really impressed. I don't think it can hold a candle to Hacker-Pschorr of franziskaner.

My favorite beers I have had over the past couple of months are

Anchor Steam Liberty Ale
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
Brooklyn Lager

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jenaimarr
speaking of beer commercials... this guinness one was hilarious and so wrong at the same time.

That's pretty good. On a similar note, has everyone seen the "banned" Sam Adams commercials from a few years ago? They had a series of commercials wherein someone would be faced with a negative situation, take a sip of Sam and declare how good it was, and then forget what they had been thinking and just proceed. Two of the commercials were racey enough that stations didn't want to run them, but they're actually the best ones of the lot. "******" is one of the two; I don't recall the other's name.

Jupiter Room

Reaction score
I love Duvel and Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier. Newcastle Brown Ale is good if I'm at a pub. I tend to avoid lager.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Anybody else see this story over the weekend - Schlitz is back! http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25970479/ I'm almost tempted to give up my 4 1/2 years of sobriety just to try a Schlitz as the TV ads were drilled into my head so much as a young child
smile.gif

King Francis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
I am drinking Three Philosophers. Meh.

I bought a single bottle once on a whim. It was relentlessly okay.

mikeman

Reaction score
As of now its Stella,but I just turned 21 so now I can go adventure in the liquor store.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by King Francis
I bought a single bottle once on a whim. It was relentlessly okay.

Yep. not at all impressive.

The Wayfarer

Reaction score
By no means my favorite, but I really developed a strong appreciation for Fat Tire while traveling through the West this summer. Now that I'm back home, I can't get it. Apparently their current distribution doesn't extend much beyond the Mississippi. This must change.

Anyone want to ship me a case?
smile.gif

Brad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Wayfarer
By no means my favorite, but I really developed a strong appreciation for Fat Tire while traveling through the West this summer. Now that I'm back home, I can't get it. Apparently their current distribution doesn't extend much beyond the Mississippi. This must change.

Anyone want to ship me a case?
smile.gif

I believe Chicago is as far east as it comes. I picked up a case last time I visited.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone try the Sierra Nevada anniversary ale 2008 yet? I picked some up today. It's good.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karenfrrice