• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Beer Thread

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Last night - Weyerbacher Blasphemy - really good quadrupel. not quite on the level of St. Bernadus 12, but still very nice. These last 3 Weyerbacher's are making me reconsider this brewery.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
got the escondidan black ipa, a few southern tier porter/stouts, a bunch of pumpkin ales, and a captain lawrence nor'easter. if i like captain lawrence i think i might go back for the xtra gold and imperial ipa

anybody order the beer advocate magazine? i ordered mine like a month ago and still hasn't gotten here. it says wait 6 to 8 weeks but that seems like a long ass time to wait for a magazine to ship

Last edited:

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Any more suggestions for a beer fridge? How about one of those little wine coolers?

I saw a mini fridge today at Costco but the bottom section was indented enough that it would limit bottle storage. Plus, it had a freezer.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
That's basically the amount I want to spend on the fridge! I'm not looking to go all high tech here. I just want to free up some space in the main fridge.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
what? i dunno where you're going to find a $60 fridge. i was going to recommend vinotemp if you had the money, but i guess not

it's not that high tech. it just detects the temperature and turns off the fridge when it gets too cold. same thing as a sous vide pid temp controller for crock pots. you just set the temp, plug it in and voila perfect temp

Last edited:

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got the prescription for what ALES (see what I did there?) ya...

70hx.jpg

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ain't happening...that's 1 of only 50 bottles and I gave up a kings ransom for it. If you come on out to Chicago, we'll be drinking this one soon along with a Cigar City Stranahan Whiskey Barrel Aged Milk Porter and a few other surprises. We do it big, we do it real big!

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You know the Funky Buddha is right down the street from my house, right Tooch?

Well, why didn't you say so?! It still doesn't mean you could have gotten me that bottle, but now we may be talking about some growler trading action soon...

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Well, why didn't you say so?! It still doesn't mean you could have gotten me that bottle, but now we may be talking about some growler trading action soon...

I've actually tried that beer before. Its not as good as I was hoping for, but good still. IMO, all of the **** they brew in-house is good but not great. Its a fun place to hang out though, especially if you're into hookah's.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads