• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Beer Thread

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Smuttynose Robust Porter is a wonderful beer. Not Baltic, no coffee beans added, no vanilla beans/oak casks - just exactly what I think a Porter should taste like when I close my eyes. Especially on tap. Everything else I've tried from the brewery has been a disappointment.

Agreed. That's the only one that I've liked. Had it in the bottle. Still, I wouldn't drive over someone to get a case.

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone have a good recommendation on a beer fridge for an apartment? Obviously, something that's not too big would be ideal.

You probably won't be able to get anything for long term storage, due to size constraints. A small-medium sized mini-fridge would work best though, you should be able to store a decent amount in there. Just remember to keep them standing up :foo:

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

You probably won't be able to get anything for long term storage, due to size constraints. A small-medium sized mini-fridge would work best though, you should be able to store a decent amount in there. Just remember to keep them standing up :foo:

that's pretty much what I was thinking, but several of them that I've been looking at are shaped oddly so it really cuts down on storage options. Still would like a recommendation if anyone knows of a good brand/model.

Why can't they be stored horizontally? I have several in my fridge now lying down and they're doing just fine.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

worth going out of your way to get?

Totally. Best of the "black IPAs" that have been coming out for the past year or so. Amazing that they have it on tap, but it's pretty good in the bottle, too. I've been underwhelmed with pretty much everything Stone's put out over the past 5 years but this one's nice. Plus, at <$6 it's a pretty good deal, given that it tastes great and is >10%.

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
3L0pG.jpg

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yunegling Draft.

Oh wait, did I say draft?

Yes I did. I have a keg in my apartment.

I love my ****** life.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
:slayer:

invite some girls over

galactic double daisy cutter pale ale. holy **** this is soo good. mangos up and front. well balanced. hops are fantastic in this.

-_- i want another one

Last edited:

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The past two days:

Irondale's Double Chocolate Stout. Dry. Not very chocolatey. Maybe cocoa-y. Dense & heavy, little carbonation. Not bad, just wish it was more chocolatey, along the lines of Young's.

Next:

Hermitage's Ale of the 2 Tun. Nice & thick. Some stouts go overboard with the roasted malt taste; this one's acceptable: just a bit of toastiness at the beginning, then creamy & oily. Even better after it's been sitting for 5 minutes.

Finally, my go-to-IIIPA, 21st Amendment's Hop Crisis:

I find that if you pop these guys in the freezer, they are amazing. I prefer most hoppy beers this way - the warmer the are, the more of the maltiness comes out, which I don't want. I want just hops, and this one delivers. When ice cold, the malt backbone almost fades away entirely, & you're left with hop goodness with a strong, solid base. Plus, when cold, the alcohol (9.7%) becomes almost indiscernible.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads