• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Beer Thread

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
LET IT NOT BE SAID THAT I, RAMBO, DO NOT LOVE MY FELLOW STYLEFORUM BROTHERS. IT IS FOR YOU THAT I DO THIS, THE LORD'S WORK. FEAST YOUR EYES AT WHAT I BESTOW UPON THEE:

Vic97.jpg

21VT1.jpg

Tm40o.jpg

3wNAz.jpg

Last edited:

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Bond111

Reaction score
Wow, that's a lot of bottles!! I would love to take one of those off your hands. Curious how much that set you back, hahaha!!

Just noticed on Sept 24th they are releasing 3 versions of their Hunahpu's Imperial Stout. Limit of 1 bottle per guest, @ $25. It's that good huh? Which in your opinion is their ranking Rambo?

Last edited:

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wow, that's a lot of bottles!! I would love to take one of those off your hands. Curious how much that set you back, hahaha!!

Just noticed on Sept 24th they are releasing 3 versions of their Hunahpu's Imperial Stout. Limit of 1 bottle per guest, @ $25. It's that good huh? Which in your opinion is their ranking Rambo?

They are releasing 3 different barrel aged versions of Hunahpu's actually, Rum, Stranahan Whiskey and 4 Roses Bourbon. It's a limit of 1 bottle of each version per person and they guys at Cigar City made it a little difficult to acquire all 3 because there will be a different line for each version, so you'd have to either bring 2 other people with you or just settle on getting just one bottle. Now, I am lucky enough to have a normal trading partner who actually brews for CCB, so I am all set and Rambo, he's sending me a couple bottles of Guava Groove and Zhukov as well...

Bond111

Reaction score

They are releasing 3 different barrel aged versions of Hunahpu's actually, Rum, Stranahan Whiskey and 4 Roses Bourbon. It's a limit of 1 bottle of each version per person and they guys at Cigar City made it a little difficult to acquire all 3 because there will be a different line for each version, so you'd have to either bring 2 other people with you or just settle on getting just one bottle. Now, I am lucky enough to have a normal trading partner who actually brews for CCB, so I am all set and Rambo, he's sending me a couple bottles of Guava Groove and Zhukov as well...

Those all sound extremely tasty. Pretty sweet that you have a connect with that brewer for CCB.

Anyone able to get some Dogfish Head Punkin Ale, and 120? Also still hoping someone could hook me up with some CBS from Founders when it's released. I wish I had more great craft beers distributed to Iowa.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CBS is going to be tough. I think I am going to the release to have my fill and buy my bottle limit, then attack the metro Detroit area the Monday it's released to the public.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i dont understand pumpkin ales. they either taste like pumpkin pie or the pumpkin note is very unnoticeable

They actually sell Marshal Zhukov in New York at the Whole Foods and a few other locations in the city...

if only i lived in nyc... maybe next time i go.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Hunahpu's are good. Very good. Unfortunately, they're very expensive once you factor in traveling costs and availability. I doubt I'll even have access to them this time.

I'm happy to trade with a fellow SF brother. Let me know what you have access to out there in the hinterlands.

ORLY?

:slayer: you can have a CBS.....................

You're a kind and wonderful soul

He will have to give you at least two bottles of Zhukov for one bottle of CBS :D

Yeah, keep that dream alive.

Those all sound extremely tasty. Pretty sweet that you have a connect with that brewer for CCB.

Anyone able to get some Dogfish Head Punkin Ale, and 120? Also still hoping someone could hook me up with some CBS from Founders when it's released. I wish I had more great craft beers distributed to Iowa.

If you like pumpkin, look up Southern Tier Pumpking Ale. That and Shipyard Smashed Pumpkin are my two favorites.

CBS is going to be tough. I think I am going to the release to have my fill and buy my bottle limit, then attack the metro Detroit area the Monday it's released to the public.

Go get em tiger! Hey, see if you can snag me another Blushing Monk somewhere. I know a fellow SF member who lost out on one and really wants it.

i dont understand pumpkin ales. they either taste like pumpkin pie or the pumpkin note is very unnoticeable

if only i lived in nyc... maybe next time i go.

See above.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
funny cause i have a bottle of pumpking ale waiting for a good day. does it taste like pumpkin pie (with the cinnamon, nutmeg notes) or toasted pumpkin seeds?

also i tried their creme brulee stout and damn that actually tastes like creme brulee in a bottle. kind of amazed

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads