• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Beer Thread

JSC437

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For you NYC guys. That place up on 207th and 9th avenue is absolutely amazing. I went there last night and was shocked. All types of craft beers, etc.. And very cheap. Arrogant Bastard for $3.50, Stone 6-packs for 6.99, etc..

I know it is out of the way... but it is very zipcar worthy.

StandupTJ

Reaction score
My roommate just got back from a ski trip to Pagossa springs this weekend. Of course he went to the brewery (we practicaly live there when we go up there to ski) and brought be back so much beer love.
4 different growlers of the brewerys offerings: kayaker cream ale, Stokers Stout, Wolfcreek Red ale, and Poor richards brown ale.
22 oz. bombers of Fort Collins double chocolate stout, a Peach Imperial Porter, New Belgium: Lips of faith Sautea and like 4 or 5 others that I cant recall off the top of my head.
All that and afew random 6 packs we cant get here like Rouge Moca porter.
Needless to say I got wasted on amazing beer monday night and had to go to work Tuesday morning with a not so amazing hangover.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Warren G.
I wouldn't like to be in his house if a fire broke out
ffffuuuu.gif

Why? You could use all that beer to help put out the fire?
laugh.gif

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alexander Keiths.

If anyone is from the Maritimes, they'll know it.

Jpreme87

Reaction score
Cerveza_modelo_especial.jpg

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hidepenny
not sure it's been mentioned before, but coming from oz, i like the james squire golden ale is hard to miss
smile.gif
then followed by hogarden.

The Golden Ale is very good, try the Sundown Larger, its excellent and goes down a treat. I used to work many years ago at the Sail & Anchor in Fremantle they had a micro brewery in the pub, their Dog Bolter was on the menu board at 12% but most of the time the brewer told me it was more like 15-16% wicked.

And Blue Tongue Larger is a great drop, well worth a look.

manpennies

Reaction score

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jpreme87
-modelo-

When I was in the Yucatan a few years ago, I drank a lot of Leon Negro, which is (I believe) a Modelo beer only available in Mexico. Really enjoyed it.
As far as what's available here, I like Negro Modelo slightly more than Especial.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just got a 6-pack of "Fancy Lawnmower" from St. Arnolds in Houston and am really loving it... I'm going to be really disappointed when I've drank it all since I cannot buy it here in Michigan.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JSC4President
For you NYC guys. That place up on 207th and 9th avenue is absolutely amazing. I went there last night and was shocked. All types of craft beers, etc.. And very cheap. Arrogant Bastard for $3.50, Stone 6-packs for 6.99, etc..

I know it is out of the way... but it is very zipcar worthy.

What's the name of the store?

JSC437

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johnny_5
What's the name of the store?

I believe it is Flair beverages. That place kicks ass.

Also that place near Delancey is really good. I went there on Saturday and got some Lucky Bastard. I think it is New Beverage.

It seems like the 3 best beer places in the city (that i have found)

Flair Beverage
Whole Foods Beer Room
New Beverage

But i am yet to find Hop Slam in the city.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JSC4President
I believe it is Flair beverages. That place kicks ass.

Also that place near Delancey is really good. I went there on Saturday and got some Lucky Bastard. I think it is New Beverage.

It seems like the 3 best beer places in the city (that i have found)

Flair Beverage
Whole Foods Beer Room
New Beverage

But i am yet to find Hop Slam in the city.

Thanks a lot, I think I'm going to be making a trip there sometime this week. Maybe even tomorrow. Will also be hitting up Halftime Beverage. Anyone care to make some suggestions?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meenakhsi