• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Beer Thread

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Halloween-
I love seasonals. Current favourite is Samuel Smith's Winter Welcome Ale.

Seasonals are fun, I went through a lot of Pumpkin flavored ones (not very good ones
laugh.gif
) around Thanksgiving, missed out at Halloween (next year). I've had most of my Xmas beers, still need to try Rogue's Santa, but I'm getting bored with them already and will have something different next week.

Halloween-

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aaron01
Seasonals are fun, I went through a lot of Pumpkin flavored ones (not very good ones
laugh.gif
) around Thanksgiving, missed out at Halloween (next year). I've had most of my Xmas beers, still need to try Rogue's Santa, but I'm getting bored with them already and will have something different next week.

Yeah not a big fan of pumpkin beers, or fall seasonals for that matter, but then again I haven't tried a lot of them compared to spring/summer/winter seasonals. Can't wait until spring comes around for some spring seasonals.

marg

Reaction score
aventinus is my all time favorite. dogfish head 90 minute is great, but i never want more than one. there's a bar in Old City Philly called Eulogy that had a great carmel stout on tap at one point, but i forget the name.

StandupTJ

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tooch4321
Just drank a Hopslam side-by-side to a Double Trouble and this year's Hopslam is meh. I think it's my love for sours that ruins all other beers for me these days, except the super tasty barrel aged stouts. On to the Boon Kriek and Framboise...

This. Have you got to try Black Ops. yet? Im super Excited cause Texas is finally getting Abyss this year. Dont think Im gonna get any though..

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StandupTJ
This. Have you got to try Black Ops. yet? Im super Excited cause Texas is finally getting Abyss this year. Dont think Im gonna get any though..

I've had multiple vintages of Black-Ops and we are actually going to be doing a 5 year vertical of Abyss next Saturday, I have '06-'08 covered and it's some good stuff. I personally prefer Parabola over Abyss, but that's just my opinion. I just drank my 2009 Hair of the Dog Fred from the Wood last night and I now wish I didn't share that bottle at all, it was that good!

Egert

Reaction score
LEFFE_BLONDE_large.png

StandupTJ

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tooch4321
I've had multiple vintages of Black-Ops and we are actually going to be doing a 5 year vertical of Abyss next Saturday, I have '06-'08 covered and it's some good stuff. I personally prefer Parabola over Abyss, but that's just my opinion. I just drank my 2009 Hair of the Dog Fred from the Wood last night and I now wish I didn't share that bottle at all, it was that good!

I was just at the beer store talking to my beer guy and he told me he can get me abyss if I want it so hopefully I'll get my hands on some soon. Doesnt look good for the Black Op's though, so Im just gonna stick to my Black chocolate stout.
Ive never had anything from Hair of the dog, I'm hoping to this summer. Ive heard amazing things about Adam, and it sounds right up my alley.

I want to hang out at this dudes house:
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StandupTJ
I want to hang out at this dudes house:
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

I wouldn't like to be in his house if a fire broke out
ffffuuuu.gif

cretaceous_cretin

Reaction score
Yuengling or Guiness. Anchor Porter or Liberty Ale are other good, nasty, errrrr tasty, dark beers. Goes with a good strong maduro cigar.

mljones99

Reaction score
my favorite is Shiner Bock because its what I grew up on back home in Texas. I also really enjoy Blanche de Bruxelles

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FABETTTTT