• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[/quote]

No worries. I might get proper nicer boot socks if they work out, but figure the athletic socks are a good ballpark. I'm somewhat surprised at how much of a difference it is as I've never tried this before w/ any of my dressier shoes before - it does feel like a full half size difference.

Why would you think the boots would be a bit more narrow (I'm assuming w/ everything else equal)? I know that shell shoes typically are a bit fuller because they're harder to last tightly + they don't stretch as much as calf. Are boots a bit easier to last than shoes?[/quote]

Many here suggest that Barrie lasted boots fit more snug/narrow than shoes, particularly LWBs. I agree but for me the boots fit perfectly and the shoes are a little roomy

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone tend to wear different sizes between their shoes/boots?

With dress socks my 8c LWBs fit great, at times slightly loose. With athletic socks they're just too tight. Unfortunately I can't determine if it's more of a length or a width issue, but I now have some 8d wingtip boots incoming. I'm an 8.5c on a Brannock.

Yep. I'm finding that the shoes (shell AND calf/suede, apparently) on Barrie fit me pretty well in 8D. But for boots, probably due to the steeper slope of the vamp (maybe less width available in toe box) I seem to need an 8E, at least for shell. This is also on Barrie.

If the Leffot Naval boots feel too large at 8E, I'll have to list them. I don't think they will.

I think I prefer flex soles whenever possible. These suede dovers are nuts.

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BTW, a PSA to all - ************ is putting in a December order for *both* Ravello and Cigar LWBs. You have to act fast, it will be locked in early next week.

EDIT: I hope this is okay to announce. If not please someone let me know and I'll delete this post.

thanks for the PSA.. I dont think larger sizes get ordered on average through there, but I'll inquire nonetheless

Last edited:

lemmy127

Reaction score

thanks for the PSA.. I dont think larger sizes get ordered on average through AoC, but I'll inquire nonetheless

So I'm guessing my chances of a 12.5 are slim? How does one go about inquiring? Is there a phone number or email hiding on their website that I'm not finding?

Last edited:

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I'm guessing my chances of a 12.5 are slim? How does one go about inquiring? Is there a phone number or email hiding on their website that I'm not finding?

I just shot off an email and got a response in <3 minutes... My size (11.5D) can be added it appears, so a 12.5 might also be possible.. I assume that when such a substantial deposit is placed (compared to other retailers), there is a greater chance of delivery..

shoot over an email.. but act fast..

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone in possession of cigar LWB with brown "mid tan" antique sole that they can post a pic of? trying to work out if this preorder is what I'm after before sinking $350 upfront..

TIA

chrisefi

Reaction score
Trying to figure out if I should go down in width. I have a pair of suede boots on the modified last and it fits SO perfectly in 9.5D (I'm 10D on the brannock). They're really comfortable in both a dress sock and a little thicker of a boot sock. Then again, suede is very pliable compared to shell. On the Barrie last, I have a pair of 9.5D #8 shell boots that feel fine in the toe box, but maybe a little wide.

Is this because the modified last just fits my foot better or should I be ordering a 'C' width?

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Amy more details antique or dark edge trim? Sole?

per Adam (via email about ten minutes ago), brown "mid tan" antique sole

I'm trying to get a better idea on that.. am assuming it's just what I assume is standard antique, but would like to know before locking in

intensanity

Reaction score
Random question - has anyone been making NST Boots in rare shells lately? I've been looking through the thread but it seems like they're relatively old. Any leads/ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads