1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RevisIsland

RevisIsland Senior member

Somewhat glad I missed the PSA today. Cigar cap toes not even on my list, but I would have had a hard time resisting.

2. TommyB

TommyB Senior member

^^
    Same here. Glad the cigar cap toes were on Barrie, made them a little easier to resist. Had they been on Grant...
    Great PSA, btw, and hope the shade is as good as it sounds.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
  3. Byron Perez

Byron Perez Well-Known Member

I apologise. I am clueless as to how to add it to my signature.

Thanks.

4. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

If you are viewing in "Desktop" mode, in the upper right hand corner of the page you screen name will be in bold. Just hover over it and choose the "edit my signature" option. Once there you will be able to choose your classifieds to show up in your signature.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  5. mrfixit

mrfixit Senior member

Whiskey PTB from SF
    [​IMG]

6 people like this.
  6. TO Tie Guy

TO Tie Guy Senior member

For those of you who flip through shoes quickly, how do you determine what you are selling? Fit, obviously, but what if the shoes fit well?

The reason I ask is because I'm seriously contemplating selling my Cigar PTB. Now with my fourth pair of Cigar coming in (Cigar LWB, NST, Cap Toe Boot) I just don't see the need for them. With many pairs in the rotation they get worn probably twice a month.

The problem is the patina that has developed on them is amazing and I'm a bit selfish and want to keep them..:embar:

Decisions..

7. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

This is usually what I use to determine what I sell. If I don't wear them, I sell them.

I just sold my whiskey LWB because I only wore them because I felt guilty for not wearing them, haha. I just reach right over them and put other pairs on my feet. As much as I would like to keep them for the collection...it's just too much money sitting around collecting dust. My whiskeys were a gorgeous shade of whiskey and had some killer patina. Still didn't make me want to wear them.

8. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

I am about to purge a bunch of shoes as they are just not getting worn that much due to me wearing boots all the time now so I feel your pain....I would not have gotten the Cap Toe Boot if I had the NST....I have the cigar Indy and it kept me from calling to order the cap toe..For me the Cap Toe boot is the most uninteresting in your line up ...especially if you love the patina on the PTB.

Also on several shoes I have that I like but just not fitting in with my clothes they are getting new soles and welts to make them more everyday friendly with my casual wardrobe.

9. TO Tie Guy

TO Tie Guy Senior member

How often is enough wear?

Once a week? Once a month? Is this subjective?

10. TO Tie Guy

TO Tie Guy Senior member

The NST is a shoe, which makes 3 shoes and one boot.

That's one of the primary reasons I'm thinking of culling the herd and moving the PTB.

11. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

12. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

It's subjective without a doubt. I wore the whiskey maybe 4 times in the last year.

13. Joenobody0

Joenobody0 Senior member

This isn't shoes, but it's related: I didn't wear a particular (and expensive) watch for 5 years. I thought about selling it periodically, but never did. When I decided to give it another go it instantly became my favorite. Given the little wear, it would have been impossible to find a replacement in similar condition and anything close would have cost three times what I paid. Given this experience, I'm super averse to selling. Not selling also places a natural limit on purchases, which I like - it makes new purchases more special.

3 people like this.
  14. MrDV

MrDV Senior member

ups 10 day snail mail may have been an exaggeration, but waiting for cigar boots makes time stand still. just checked, it'll be 7 days from ny to ca.

cigars waiting
    [​IMG]

5 people like this.
  15. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

will you have to go barefoot in the interim or can you survive?

16. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

If that is 7 business days by UPS, we must be in the 1950's. :) Great shoes, by the way.

17. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

Yes, subjective. :nodding:

18. csmitty

csmitty Senior member

19. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

20. JR Magat

JR Magat Senior member

Ravello Thursday today :)
    [​IMG]

btw, did anyone snag the ebay pair @NAMOR posted?

3 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.