• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gauss17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Normal and I think the leather looks dry. How old is the shoe?

I only ask as it is perhaps a half size larger than I usually wear (11E in AE, 11D in C&J 325 last), these are 11Ds on the barrie. They are ~1 year old. In need of some renovateur?

Roguls

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is the cigar JC indy from Leffot, the same image has been posted a few times. Great shoe

I have to nit-pick. Those are not the JC Indy. Those have machine stitching and regular eyelets; JC is hand stitched at the toe with blind eyes and commando soles. Those look like the Alden on Madison versions with a Topy (what I've got).

violethour1951

Reaction score
I have to nit-pick. Those are not the JC Indy. Those have machine stitching and regular eyelets; JC is hand stitched at the toe with blind eyes and commando soles. Those look like the Alden on Madison versions with a Topy (what I've got).

Hallelujah!
biggrin.gif
Perhaps I can still kop those yet, from Alden on Madison. You appear to be correct about the blind vs. agatine eyelets, the Alden x Leffot ones are blind:

furo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just a heads up, Brooks Brothers is having a 25% off sale on everything from May 9-12th. I'm hoping this will include Aldens, but can't be sure. 

They have what looks like a fairly limited supply of Alden cordovans left: http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatSortOrder.process?IWAction=Load&Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id=225

To get the discount, the coupon code is: FNFBB1

It will not be good until the above dates however. 

Pretty sure that the 25% off will not apply to shell cordovan, at least that's what the SA told me last weekend. The only thing that applies to shell is the 15% you get if you open a new line of credit.

I recall in previous years they would simply remove the shell shoes from the online site during the FF sale

Last edited:

beowolf

Reaction score
I just ordered another pair of Long Wings in the right size for me. I am trying to sell my ol' Cordovan Long Wings 11.5 to help pay for these. :D

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Just a heads up, Brooks Brothers is having a 25% off sale on everything from May 9-12th. I'm hoping this will include Aldens, but can't be sure. 

They have what looks like a fairly limited supply of Alden cordovans left: http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatSortOrder.process?IWAction=Load&Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id=225

To get the discount, the coupon code is: FNFBB1

It will not be good until the above dates however. 

Pretty sure that the 25% off will not apply to shell cordovan, at least that's what the SA told me last weekend. The only thing that applies to shell is the 15% you get if you open a new line of credit.

I recall in previous years they would simply remove the shell shoes from the online site during the FF sale

Indeed.

The page for last fall's F&F is still up.
http://www.brooksbrothers.com/friends/friends_landing.tem
*Offer is valid now through September 27, 2011, at 11:59 pm Eastern Standard Time online, by phone, and until close of regular business hours in U.S. and Canadian Retail, Factory "346" Brooks Brothers and Airport stores. Visit BrooksBrothers.com/stores to view our store listings. May not be combined with any other offer. Redeemable for merchandise only and does not include men's cordovan shoes, Made-to-Measure or Special Order clothing purchases. Discount may not be applied toward taxes, shipping and handling, monogramming and engraving, alterations or personalization. Not valid on previous purchases or for the purchase of the Gift Card. If you return some or all merchandise, the dollar value of this promotion is not refunded or credited back to your account. Void in states where prohibited by law. No cash value except where prohibited, then the cash value is 1/100 cent.

blue collar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I know the Plaza last is a bit sleeker, but how does it fit when used on boots? Alden's boot are a bit bigger in general, right?

It'll fit the same as the shoe, until it becomes a boot, if they are on the same last. Thats the whole reason for the last. You can obviosly lace a boot above your ankle (thats not possible with a shoe) to give you a more 'locked-in' feeling.

The notion of Aldens fitting bigger in general is not totally true, it's all relative to the last.

see chart

Red%2BClay%2BSoul%2BAlden%2BSizing%2BLast%2BChart.jpg

Last edited:

VRaivio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
blue collar: many thanks. There's this special model I've my eyes on, but I've never tried Plaza before. My size is 9C, but I can take a 9D or 8½E and so on. Plaza, however, would most likely not fit me in size 8D although this special pair is a boot. Damnit.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Add them to your cart before the sale starts, should get you the 25% off

Quick question for all the cordovan experts:
Is this creasing excessive or reasonable? (Alden 990 #8 Cordovan)

It happens when the length is a bit longer than it should be, looks fine

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone kop those natty cxl ptboots from leather soul?

Those boots look great. I am tempted as I don't own a plain toe high boot at this time...

BTW, the crepe sole on this shoe looks great, chalk up another model where crepe works

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aldens at Roden Gray are 25% off. Must resist the blue suede somebody cop my size before I cave :embar:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads