Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sazon

sazon Senior member

Thank you Uncle.

I like the new straight lacing scheme on your NSTs. Impeccable shine, as usual.

2. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

Shomart Seconds:

[​IMG]

Japanese retailer Silver and Gold make up
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    DAT PHOTOSHOP

Last edited: May 2, 2012

3. phototristan

phototristan Senior member

4. furo

furo Senior member

The finish is just fine, and as you can see in the picture it's a very minor surface scuff... if there was physical removal of chunks of leather or something major, I'd suggest restoration, but this is nowhere near close to needing that type of treatment. Unless you just mean some applying some paste wax...

5. MickCollins1916

MickCollins1916 Senior member

Fresh out of the box...ravello shell medallion captoe on the plaza last. :slayer:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. AML225

AML225 Senior member

My first Aldens arrived today: brown chromexcel 403 Indy boots. I'm a little surprised though... the outside of the right boot and the inside of the left boot looked like this:

[​IMG]

I'm obviously not happy about it but I'm not sure if it bothers me enough to return them. Obviously this would be totally unacceptable if these were dress shoes but since they're Indy work boots I'm not that upset. I guess I'm just shocked that a $500 pair of boots could get past quality control (or lack thereof?) looking like this. What do you guys think? Is this not unheard of?

7. phototristan

phototristan Senior member

Looks like the speed hooks from the other shoe contacted the shoe there when in the box, during shipment etc. Mine had one or two of those which was fine with me but those look a bit worse so up to you if you want to send them back.

8. amftx

amftx Well-Known Member

Mine had similar marks on the heel area. Probably happened during shipping.

They're work boots. Throw them down the drive way a dozen times, then put them on with your favorite jeans and wear them.

9. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew,
    thank you

10. AML225

AML225 Senior member

Thanks guys, I think you're both right. Despite each boot being individually wrapped in pretty thick plastic bags these look like there were sitting in their box for a while, probably near the bottom of a stack. I do agree though, it's like how it's easier to drive a used car that's already got a dent and some scratches. I don't mean to justify this obvious flaw, which shouldn't happen, but I don't want to go through the hassle of returns when I know these boots are going to see much worse.

Now here's my dilemma... I was planning on wearing my usual trousers/button-down/tie to work is this too much for brand new Indy boots? Is it wrong that I'm hoping it's pouring rain so I can justify the mis-match? I do work at a company where cargo khakis and an under armor branded polo pass for business casual but I have several meetings tomorrow.

11. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Whew. Mind unblown.

12. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew,
    they look good, enjoy wearing

13. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior member

Mention that these boots were owned by a woman, and the fact that my wife is asking for a pair of boots, made me wonder: how many women are wearing Aldens? Is this common? Have you met or seen women wearing Aldens? Has anyone purchased (or recommended) Aldens for a female friend or partner? If so, what has been their experience with Aldens?

14. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

15. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

I've seen some different views here on the thread. The speed hooks can snag your trousers though I haven't had that problem. And they can fray the laces which I have experienced. Otherwise, I like how easy it is put on and take off the boots.

I ordered four pairs when I was trying to dial in my size on the Indy. All but one had some scuffs or marks on them. CXL is very soft and picks up nicks and scratches pretty easily. Most brush or polish out. I don't worry about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.