• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Although I will say, in my limited experience, I've enjoyed the Tremont and Leydon lasts. comfortable, yet still attractive

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Although I will say, in my limited experience, I've enjoyed the Tremont and Leydon lasts. comfortable, yet still attractive

furo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Shell is great with jeans and khakis. Cigar or #8 go with pretty much anything- they're probably the most versatile colors. If I had to choose only one, I'd go with #8, because it can be worn with jeans, or almost any color trousers.

My thoughts exactly. This is why I made the shell Indy in #8 my most recent purchase .... currently drooling because UPS should be delivering them before I get home from work today :slayer:

I plan on wearing them to work and on the weekends. Mine come with the double oak leather sole, so I have to wait a week while my cobbler throws on a Vibram topy

The shell Indys should be a good pair with the raw KMWs I snatched up yesterday on sale, here's me wearing them with my current pair of 403s:

Last edited:

advan031

Reaction score

Last time I did a preorder with them, Alden of DC did not require a deposit at all.

Yep, I was waiting for her to ask me for my CC info but she didn't :slayer: I basically told her I want to reserve a 10D. And I agree Grant is becoming my favorite last as well.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yep, I was waiting for her to ask me for my CC info but she didn't :slayer: I basically told her I want to reserve a 10D. And I agree Grant is becoming my favorite last as well.

Alden DC service is great - they shipped my captoes overnight, included extra laces and brown paste wax

Grant is a fine last but I need an E in them, which basically makes them look the same as barrie. Aberdeen in E fits me the best at this point, and it looks relatively sleek even in E

Last edited:

fitchottie

Reaction score

Oh no...no...that's not good at all. That's what Horween calls "lateral canthal wrinkles". That's the breaking down of elastin in the shell cordovan. Those shoes are now garbage. Ship them to me and I'll dispose of them for you.
:devil:

R you serious?

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

How long did they say was the wait? I called them up yesterday to get the same exact shoe but they were closed, so I put the thought on ice.

advan031

Reaction score

How long did they say was the wait? I called them up yesterday to get the same exact shoe but they were closed, so I put the thought on ice.

Cathy said they just placed the order and went to production last month...she said at least a 4 month wait. Thanks to ninja07 for "making" me buy these.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cathy said they just placed the order and went to production last month...she said at least a 4 month wait. Thanks to ninja07 for "making" me buy these.

IMO they are some of the best Alden cordovan boots on the market. Right up there with the ravello hunting/daytripper boots, the JC Indy, color 8 tankers and the Brixtons (ravello and color 8)

mediahound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Alden DC service is great - they shipped my captoes overnight, included extra laces and brown paste wax
Grant is a fine last but I need an E in them, which basically makes them look the same as barrie. Aberdeen in E fits me the best at this point, and it looks relatively sleek even in E

Do they have their shoes online anywhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulioCesarSalad