1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

Chukkas in shell are wonderful - I have them in whiskey, cigar, black. The patina on the whiskey and cigar is very nice. With pant leg down, they have damn near the exact appearance of a PTB.

I have no opinion on the suede chukka.

2. CTYGGG

CTYGGG Senior member

Here's my chukka collection…
    [​IMG]
    Maybe I should add a unlined suede chukka to the rotation.

1 person likes this.
  3. 0waterbouys

0waterbouys Senior member

For those of you who have worn the Aberdeen last, what sizing do you recommend? I normally wear a 9D in the Barrie and Trubalance and a 9.5D in the Plaza. Would I properly fit a 10D in the Aberdeen?

4. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

9.5D

5. mexicutioner

mexicutioner Senior member

holy crap. is that the entire shell rainbow? (can't tell if back left is #8 or brown CXL)

Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
  6. marmottan

marmottan Well-Known Member

Nice family. Irrefutable argument.
    Enjoy them.

7. phototristan

phototristan Senior member

Also, why does ShoeMart send out their seconds list like 2 minutes before they close for the day? Sigh...

8. CTYGGG

CTYGGG Senior member

Thanks. From L to R is whiskey, cigar, ravello (when ravello was a mid brown, not a red brown as it is now). Back row is AoC AF32 in Brown calf followed by black shell six eyelet with a close heel. I like the chukka & I like them in all flavors.

9. PipersSon

PipersSon Senior member

Thank you for that detailed reply to my query. Answers such as these, and the effort that you made, make SF worthwhile and an outstanding community.

10. jpc9

jpc9 Senior member

The same reason bad news is delivered and people get laid off on a Friday afternoon at 4:45, right?

11. thebeebs

thebeebs Senior member

My experience has been varied. I wear a 9.5D Barrie, and I love this last for my feet. I couldn't fit properly into ANY Aberdeen last in a full-strap loafer (I tried 9.5D, 9.5E, 10C and 10D), but I fit very well into the Aberdeen monk (9.5E). To some extent, it varies on the model shoe, and of course your foot's dimensions. Because the last is very narrow in the toe, I don't think there's a ready formula like there is with some other lasts, and you prob need to actually try on the actual shoe to know for sure. Remember Barrie and Aberdeen are at 2 opposite ends of the last spectrum.

Which model are you exploring for the Aberdeen?

12. sfactor23

sfactor23 Senior member

Does anybody here have any experience with the 379X last? Is it true to size, or do I need to size down? also, how is the width (narrow, true to size, or wide like the Trublance last )?
    Thanks -

13. mothball

mothball Senior member

My Rancourt Ranger Mocs in snuff while waiting for my daughter to get a streak put in her hair *sigh*.

[​IMG]

14. mothball

mothball Senior member

That is fantastic, and I don't know if you get enough credit for that rug. It's great.

15. trig

trig Senior member

anybody got the lists for 7d and 7e? i got the emails for 7.5 d/e and 8d/e if anyone needs those.

16. thebeebs

thebeebs Senior member

Prob the same reason the FDIC announces bank seizures on Friday afternoons...to prevent widespread panic and facilitate order...

17. jpc9

jpc9 Senior member

18. Edgein

Edgein Senior member

Liking the avatar Mr. Zizzou!

19. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Senior member

rancourt really makes some great stuff. reminds me of quoddy before they got overwhelmed and started releasing shoes with the worst QC.

20. jpc9

jpc9 Senior member

Cheers. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go on an overnight drunk, and in 10 days I'm going to set out to find the shark that ate my friend and destroy it. I'm going to find it and I'm going to destroy it. I don't know how yet. Possibly with dynamite. Anyone who wants to tag along is more than welcome.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.