• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I do. Here are a couple of pix.
162f7fe9.jpg

6ca2a4e6.jpg

nephew,
congratuation on your winning design

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FYI,

Leffot just recieved their second run of "JC Indy Boots" in Cigar in stock. Mine are already en route :slayer:

Call them to see how many more they have left, I know they pre-sold a lot

DSC_0022-499x332.jpg

Last edited:

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ab0yyu.jpg

whiskey lwb
argyle otc

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I have a pair and think they're one of the most comfortable, and least remarkable looking, shoes I own.

seconded. Extremely comfortable for a variety of reasons: soft leather, rubber outsole, barrie last. Aesthetically speaking, they fall short compared to some of ALdens other offerings but if comfort takes precedence, then this is your shoe

Will, (the guy in the video) says they are G&G boots. I'm not familiar with that brand:
http://asuitablewardrobe.dynend.com...howComment=1302840497966#c4908863491454927668

right chyea: http://asuitablewardrobe.dynend.com/2009/01/asw-winter-boot.html

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Will, (the guy in the video) says they are G&G boots. I'm not familiar with that brand:
http://asuitablewardrobe.dynend.com...howComment=1302840497966#c4908863491454927668

I have a version of this boot from Rider in black cordovan: If you want a "sleek" cordovan boot, these are the type to get. I only wish this one I got had a version of Alden's double waterlock sole (I had to be very careful the first time wearing them in the rain - they are fine now)

Not the best photo, I will try to get some more tomorrow and will post in the non-Alden cordovan thread.

EDIT - Like NAMOR, I also wore black shell out on NYE, mine ended up in better condition though. They still need Mac Method, which I will apply tonight

Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

FYI,
Leffot just recieved their second run of "JC Indy Boots" in Cigar in stock. Mine are already en route :slayer:
Call them to see how many more they have left, I know they pre-sold a lot
DSC_0022-499x332.jpg

Know the price on those offhand?

NotClever

Reaction score
For some reason the shape of those does not look like Trubalance (which they are according to Leffot's site). Interesting.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got my #974 longwings in the mail today! Was so excited I tore open the package and wore them out to dinner with the family disregarding my denim/ocbd outfit. Pics to come!

(These are pics from the Ebay listing I won)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads