***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pastor

Pastor Senior member

I called a while back about a 9D and they were all pre-sold. Two weeks ago The Shoe Mart received their version with all eyelets. They may have some left as well.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2012

2. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

My guess is that these looke sharp with your casual wear. Really like this style. Will look forward to your photos. Once again, enjoy.

3. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

good looking boot, enjoy wearing

4. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Not the greatest photos, but...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. sazon

sazon Senior member

friends - i'm dropping the whiskey NST in my sig to $499 for the next 48 hours if anyone is interested. No Alden price increases here...

6. Macpod

Macpod Member

have been wearing my leffot NST boots for a few weeks. I have a few issues which have been bothering me since the beginning.

1. 5 or so of the speed lacing hooks are very loose. to the point i think if i tugged a bit hard on them they would fall out. they havent yet so should i leave it? I dont want to ship them back to the USA just for those however. If this is common and wont get any worse then i can live with it.

2. a really strange thing occurs on the right boot. everytime i wear it, no matter what i do, the tongue eventually slides to the left side? ive tried lacing it all the way up and tight but there is nothing which can stop the tongue sliding. I dont notice any discomfort but its just annoying.

there are also minor issues of unclean stitching and blotches of edge polish on the leather. I find myself making excuses for all the imperfections because the look and feel of the boots overall is fantastic.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2012

7. brokeassp

brokeassp Senior member

just preordered the plaza cap toe off lsh

8. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

Great shoes

9. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

:cheers:

Welcome to the cigar captoe boot club. These are by far my most complimented Aldens (second are the ravello tassels, probably followed up with suede PTBs)

10. poena

poena Senior member

got these from jcrew.

Would you send these back?
    there are some indentations around the toe and the stitching on the right boot looks a little off or is it just my eyes?
    also bent speed hook

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. interlockingny

interlockingny Senior member

I'd exchange them for another pair.

12. hooker4186

hooker4186 Senior member

The indentation does look a bit off, and would be the only thing about those boots that would cause me to say "exchange 'em".

Stitching on Indies is always a bit wonky I find. And bent speed hooks aren't a big deal, and I don't think should be considered as a manufacturing defect as they would most likely be a result of being jostled in packing/shipping. I received a pair of boots from Alden a while back with a bent hook and just took a pair of needlenose pliers and bent it back - took me two seconds with no further issue.

13. Roggie Rog

Roggie Rog Well-Known Member

I'd just like to ask you guys your opinion of Indy boots with hooks and eyelets, versus all eyelets. Also, standard welt, versus reverse welt.

14. Macpod

Macpod Member

considering my pair of NST boots has 5 loose speedhooks which i need to eventually replace puts me in the all eyelets camp.

I also find the speed hooks can make lacing up slower rather than faster. but that might be my inexperience with them/

15. CharlesT44

CharlesT44 Well-Known Member

I haven't had any problems with my tankers, but I also don't use the speed hooks. I wrap my laces around the boot. The tongue sliding isn't a big deal. My cigar indy's do it that. I'm going to take them to my local cobbler to get them sewn in place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.