• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pastor

Reaction score

FYI,

Leffot just recieved their second run of "JC Indy Boots" in Cigar in stock. Mine are already en route :slayer:

Call them to see how many more they have left, I know they pre-sold a lot

DSC_0022-499x332.jpg

I called a while back about a 9D and they were all pre-sold. Two weeks ago The Shoe Mart received their version with all eyelets. They may have some left as well.

Last edited:

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Just got my #974 longwings in the mail today! Was so excited I tore open the package and wore them out to dinner with the family disregarding my denim/ocbd outfit. Pics to come!

(These are pics from the Ebay listing I won)

My guess is that these looke sharp with your casual wear. Really like this style. Will look forward to your photos. Once again, enjoy.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

First day out wearing my cigar captoe on the grant last from Kathy at Alden DC. Followed the Mac method for breaking them in and it fits like a glove.

good looking boot, enjoy wearing

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not the greatest photos, but...

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
friends - i'm dropping the whiskey NST in my sig to $499 for the next 48 hours if anyone is interested. No Alden price increases here...

Macpod

Reaction score
have been wearing my leffot NST boots for a few weeks. I have a few issues which have been bothering me since the beginning.

1. 5 or so of the speed lacing hooks are very loose. to the point i think if i tugged a bit hard on them they would fall out. they havent yet so should i leave it? I dont want to ship them back to the USA just for those however. If this is common and wont get any worse then i can live with it.

2. a really strange thing occurs on the right boot. everytime i wear it, no matter what i do, the tongue eventually slides to the left side? ive tried lacing it all the way up and tight but there is nothing which can stop the tongue sliding. I dont notice any discomfort but its just annoying.

there are also minor issues of unclean stitching and blotches of edge polish on the leather. I find myself making excuses for all the imperfections because the look and feel of the boots overall is fantastic.

Last edited:

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

First day out wearing my cigar captoe on the grant last from Kathy at Alden DC. Followed the Mac method for breaking them in and it fits like a glove.

:cheers:

Welcome to the cigar captoe boot club. These are by far my most complimented Aldens (second are the ravello tassels, probably followed up with suede PTBs)

poena

Reaction score
got these from jcrew.

Would you send these back?
there are some indentations around the toe and the stitching on the right boot looks a little off or is it just my eyes?
also bent speed hook

CHU_5953.jpg

CHU_5956.jpg

CHU_5954.jpg

CHU_5955.jpg

interlockingny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

got these from jcrew.
Would you send these back?
there are some indentations around the toe and the stitching on the right boot looks a little off or is it just my eyes?
also bent speed hook

I'd exchange them for another pair.

hooker4186

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The indentation does look a bit off, and would be the only thing about those boots that would cause me to say "exchange 'em".

Stitching on Indies is always a bit wonky I find. And bent speed hooks aren't a big deal, and I don't think should be considered as a manufacturing defect as they would most likely be a result of being jostled in packing/shipping. I received a pair of boots from Alden a while back with a bent hook and just took a pair of needlenose pliers and bent it back - took me two seconds with no further issue.

Roggie Rog

Reaction score
I'd just like to ask you guys your opinion of Indy boots with hooks and eyelets, versus all eyelets. Also, standard welt, versus reverse welt.

Macpod

Reaction score
considering my pair of NST boots has 5 loose speedhooks which i need to eventually replace puts me in the all eyelets camp.

I also find the speed hooks can make lacing up slower rather than faster. but that might be my inexperience with them/

CharlesT44

Reaction score
have been wearing my leffot NST boots for a few weeks. I have a few issues which have been bothering me since the beginning.

1. 5 or so of the speed lacing hooks are very loose. to the point i think if i tugged a bit hard on them they would fall out. they havent yet so should i leave it? I dont want to ship them back to the USA just for those however. If this is common and wont get any worse then i can live with it.

2. a really strange thing occurs on the right boot. everytime i wear it, no matter what i do, the tongue eventually slides to the left side? ive tried lacing it all the way up and tight but there is nothing which can stop the tongue sliding. I dont notice any discomfort but its just annoying.

there are also minor issues of unclean stitching and blotches of edge polish on the leather. I find myself making excuses for all the imperfections because the look and feel of the boots overall is fantastic.

I haven't had any problems with my tankers, but I also don't use the speed hooks. I wrap my laces around the boot. The tongue sliding isn't a big deal. My cigar indy's do it that. I'm going to take them to my local cobbler to get them sewn in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads