1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Pretty sure I want to pre-order one of the suede longwings from LS, but I can't decide which one. I'm leaning toward the dark brown suede - I don't own any dark brown shoes whatsoever, so I think these would fill a really big gap in my rotation. I'm having trouble figuring out exactly what they'll look like though...have these actually been made previously, or is this a new make-up? Anyone have pics of something similar? I saw someone asked on the blog post about what the sole will look like for these, so as soon as that is answered, it should help me make my decision.

2. interlockingny

interlockingny Senior member

I'm not sure if LS has made a longwing in dark brown suede, others on here may now. I'd imagine it would look close to the AoC makeup sans the Commando sole seen here.

3. LynahFaithful

LynahFaithful Senior member

4. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Senior member

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  5. Man with Apple

Man with Apple Senior member

Anyone have a pair of Leather Soul's CXL LHS in the wild?

6. interlockingny

interlockingny Senior member

The seller is actually a consignment store. I went in there, and they were selling the tan suede chukkas as well as a pair of Kudu indys for the same price as the cordovan shoes/boots that they had. I don't really think they have a good bearing on each shoe's worth. The #4 Atoms were in much better condition than the Whiskey longwings.

7. JPFNY5

JPFNY5 Senior member

STUNNING!!! Would you kindly share as to where you purchased these beauties??!

8. JPFNY5

JPFNY5 Senior member

ABSOLUTELY SUBLIME!!

9. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Thanks for the links....this is definitely not making my choice any easier, haha, I wish I could buy all three colors! The dark brown suede does look really nice, so I'll just need to decide which of the 3 would get the most wear. I was hoping to buy the snuff suede chukkas in the summer, so I wouldn't really want to get the same color longwing. Between the sand and dark brown, I'm not really sure which one I would end up wearing more. I guess I still have about a week and a half to think it over...

EDIT - I just saw these and now I'm really leaning towards the snuff suede....I really need $1500 to magically appear in my bank account

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  10. Simplicio

Simplicio Senior member

I think the boots you saw might have been mine. They are the Epaulet Brixton boots. Now I am even more excited to pick them up next week.

11. seer

seer Senior member

Thank you....

12. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Can't wait for my pre-order to arrive! I have the LS Ultimate Jumpers I'm gonna drop off for some natural edge trip on my resole...think I should go commando as well on those?

13. Simplicio

Simplicio Senior member

I like those jumpers, and might grab a pair for myself if I get the chance. A commando sole might work with them, but my recollection is that they look pretty good as is. Do they have a waterlock sole?

My personal preference is for the commando sole in most cases. I like the look, but it is also more practical here in rainy England. I think it will suit the Brixton boots pretty well. I didn't pre-order on the ravello boots, but I have the feeling that I may regret that.

14. tunnelrat

tunnelrat Well-Known Member

What boots are that?! They're awesome.

15. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

Anybody in here have the All-Weather Walkers? I need a pair of casual shoes and would love to hear some feedback on these.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.