• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Wow, you weren't kidding. I just checked ShoeMart....$635 now for a standard #8 LWB, and $460 for the snuff suede chukkas! I've had my eye on those chukkas for a while now, I better pick them up from somewhere else before every other retailer factors in the new pricing.

Sherman Brothers doesn't seem to have changed its pricing yet. Not as wide a selection as The Shoe Mart, though.

maxusone

Reaction score
I spent all my elbow grease to get rid of the polish buildup on this shoe.

The shoe is 7 years old.

The pictures are made on a normal daylight, next time when the sun comes it out I will capture the beautys in the sun.

In my room with flash:

Last edited:

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nice. I got a drill for Xmas, I'm planning on picking up a buffing wheel as was posted a while back, see if I can use that work off a good bit of grime from an old pair

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I spent all my elbow grease to get rid of the polish buildup on this shoe.

The shoe is 7 years old.

The pictures are made on a normal daylight, next time when the sun comes it out I will capture the beautys in the sun.

you did a good job

[ATTACHMENT=1546]P1010143.JPG (2,967k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT]

interlockingny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sherman Brothers doesn't seem to have changed its pricing yet. Not as wide a selection as The Shoe Mart, though.

I noticed some price changes to some of their stock items, however, it seems that the majority of shoes are still at the same price.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
2czobch.jpg

color 8 cap toe boot
argyles otc

CharlesT44

Reaction score
How does the Hampton last fit? Similar to Barrie?

Barrie is definitely bigger, but different for different people. I wear 8.5D barrie boots and 8.5D hampton shoes. Barrie shoes are to loose in the heel and more of a rectangle for the shape of the shoe.

HorseHide

Reaction score
Apropos of nothing (well, ok the posting about the sale Color 8s at Orvis was the prompt)...

Many of the people who seem to always be on the lookout for the cheapest of the Alden "standards" (the LWBs, the LHSs, etc. in black and color 8) are the first to ***** when they can't get a limited release from Tom or Steven. Ever think to buy your Alden standards (yes, at full retail) from them? Might improve your standing when it comes time to allocate the limited releases in the rare colors. You're sure as **** not getting a whiskey, ravello or cigar boot from Orvis or J. Crew (yeah, I know, you have a friend who knows a guy who heard from his UPS driver that J Crew is getting a ravello boot).

Rant over.

seer

Reaction score
How many pairs of shoes/boot do you own? I would to get a general idea of how many most of you own...

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
I dunno about Mr K's cap toes. I think in a really small size the cap toe is too compresed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads