• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whoa - just went on shoemart to oogle over my future Chromexcel Indy's, and the price has gone from $435 to $468. Is this that price jump that was being anticipated?

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Very sharp mac…love the all eyelets.

+1. Mac is relaxing at a Starbucks with his Plaza lasted black wingtip boots. Those are sweeter than a caramel latte with whipped cream and caramel sauce.

Pastor

Reaction score
What do people do on the Grant last? Same as Barrie or are they TTS? How is the fit compared to the Leydon last? It's right in the middle on the Alden Sizing Chart. I'm thinking about ordering the Grant lasted captoe boots in #8 from Shoemart before the price increase and then calling it quits for a while.

interlockingny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What do people do on the Grant last? Same as Barrie or are they TTS? How is the fit compared to the Leydon last? It's right in the middle on the Alden Sizing Chart. I'm thinking about ordering the Grant lasted captoe boots in #8 from Shoemart before the price increase and then calling it quits for a while.

This question comes up quite often. I recommend ordering 1/2 size up from your Barrie size. So if you are a 9E on the Barrie, I'd go with a 9.5E on the Grant. Keep in mind that the toe box onthe Grant is more tapered than the Barrie so you will want to factor that in when making your decision.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Go up either one width size or one length size. I am a 10D in in Barrie, I wear a 10E in Aberdeen and Grant. The Tremont is the "last last" on the sizing chart that I would say size down from TTS on, and I barely fit into the 10D Tremont.

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
from Fore Supply Co, new lifetime supply of Venetian Shoe Creme. recommended by Nick Horween for shell.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

from Fore Supply Co, new lifetime supply of Venetian Shoe Creme. recommended by Nick Horween for shell.

Has anyone used both Saphir Reno and Venetian Shoe Cream? I'm a big Saphir fan but there are a lot of Venetian proponents as well. My tub of Saphir is almost done, thinking about trying out Venetian...

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't used both, but I've heard good enough things about the Venetian (from good sources) that at the price I paid, my gut says it's a great value. I paid a total of $29 (inc. shipping) for 32 ounces. That's about what 2.5 ounces of reno costs :)

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is the shoe in that picture the AE Leeds? If so, how does the heel width of the #1 last compare with the Barrie?

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no, it's an old model from AE called the Bristol. however, I am pretty sure these are on the #1 last. I have these in 8.5E, in 8.5 E on Barrie my heel is swimming. I either need 8E Barrie or 8.5D Barrie

Last edited:

seer

Reaction score
I'm trying to find some brown calf longwings to wear casually, but all I'm finding are shell. Winn Perry seems to have almost the exact ones I'm looking for, but this was back in 2009
http://winnperry.com/updates/alden-winn-perry/
I'm not quiet prepared to upgrade to shell just for the color I want, so am I just SOL?

Try these though they have the crepe all weather soles - which I personally like:

http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-me...smooth/pvc-ald-mxs-97720_ald_m_long_wing.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads