• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don’t own a pair of 975s (yet), but in lieu thereof, burgundy Macs in honor of Uncle Mac.
2E43B149-AB60-4A8B-87FB-DEE508427DDB.jpeg

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty solemn day here in Chicago. But in honour of Uncle Mac, on #kingwingday. RIP. Wear in good health!
View attachment 1398844
Don’t own a pair of 975s (yet), but in lieu thereof, burgundy Macs in honor of Uncle Mac.
View attachment 1398864
I didn't know Uncle Mac, but it is impressive the impact he made on this community that carries through today. I don't have 975s, so the 93605 vintage Florsheim are standing in for #KingWingDay.
View attachment 1398866
In honor of Kingwing Day
Working from home View attachment 1398868

Thank you Alden fam for the great early participation in #KingWingDay.

Everyone is looking sharp!

Wear only in good health nephews!!

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1591023094885.jpeg

In memory of Uncle Mac.

An old pic from when I still had a 975. I sold them because they were C width and I foolishly wanted to believe I had narrow feet because of how sleek they looked. Still looking for a good pair of 975, with that old school eggplant color.

CMR16

Reaction score
Hello Gents,

I am looking at the Ebay listing below and I am wondering how the sizing is compared to AE and/or Carmina. I wear AE 97 last (6.5 US) and Carmina Xim (6.5 US) and Uetam (7 US) and am curious how the Van last fits. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hello Gents,

I am looking at the Ebay listing below and I am wondering how the sizing is compared to AE and/or Carmina. I wear AE 97 last (6.5 US) and Carmina Xim (6.5 US) and Uetam (7 US) and am curious how the Van last fits. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Van last is generally taken half down from brannock. It has a lower vamp, so if you have a very high instep you might need to consider TTS or up a width.

I generally don't see 97 taken below TTS, so it makes me think Van 6.5D may be a bit large. I don't have experience with those Carmina lasts (I'm a wide), but the fact that you take Uetam in 7 and Xim in 6.5 (as I recall it's generous) the 6.5 may work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads