• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

jm4i

Reaction score
Hadn't heard that they won't make more....Why not make more...Color 8, plain toe, commando...it doesn't seem to be rocket science for Alden.
I assume it’s the single line of foxing on the collar which is my favorite feature, but I agree

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just an FYI for Indy fans, CBS is airing Indian Jones and the Last Crusade on the Sunday night movie this week....for those who love Indy boots, some of the best shots of them in this movie. Have a great rest of the weekend everyone, and I will be wearing 405's tomorrow to watch the movie :)

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just an FYI for Indy fans, CBS is airing Indian Jones and the Last Crusade on the Sunday night movie this week....for those who love Indy boots, some of the best shots of them in this movie. Have a great rest of the weekend everyone, and I will be wearing 405's tomorrow to watch the movie :)
Last week or some time in the last couple, I've lost track of the weeks, Paramount was showing them all on marathon. I hadn't seen Temple of Doom since I was a kid. I can't believe how racist it was. Turns out India wouldn't even let them film there after reviewing the script. That said, Ford was in the best shape of his life and the shots of his boots on the bridge were really good. Lots of patina. His leather jacket looked cheap, though.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last week or some time in the last couple, I've lost track of the weeks, Paramount was showing them all on marathon. I hadn't seen Temple of Doom since I was a kid. I can't believe how racist it was. Turns out India wouldn't even let them film there after reviewing the script. That said, Ford was in the best shape of his life and the shots of his boots on the bridge were really good. Lots of patina. His leather jacket looked cheap, though.
Temple of Doom wasn't a good movie overall. Although stopping a runaway mine cart with 405's was kind of cool. I'm not surprised India said no to filming. Last Crusade and Raiders of lost Ark are the two best, IMHO.

Texasmade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Temple of Doom wasn't a good movie overall. Although stopping a runaway mine cart with 405's was kind of cool. I'm not surprised India said no to filming. Last Crusade and Raiders of lost Ark are the two best, IMHO.
Yea with the giant snake with a bunch of small snakes slithering around as dinner and monkey brains as dessert. No surprise India was like wtf is this?

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got a pleasant surprise text from FedEx this morning about a delivery from Alden Shoe Co. My Dearborns needed repaired when I sent them in for recraft. Unfortunately they ignored my note so I had to send them back. Then the pandemic hit and it feels like they've been gone forever. But they are home now and just look amazing. There are some really great cobblers out there but if you are not changing up the original specs, Alden's recraft is still the best thing going for my money. These are likely my most worn (and complimented) footwear and they were showing signs of aging. These things look as good as new and unlike some recrafts I've seen, they did not darken them too much........

20200531_105220.jpg
20200531_105200.jpg
20200531_105141.jpg
20200531_105125.jpg

Very pleased!

Last edited:

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What was your original note that they ignored?

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What was your original note that they ignored?
The side outer panel on the right shoe where the shell is stitched to the grain leather was loose and needed reinforced. It was something I could have had done by my local cobbler but I was admittingly annoyed that they missed it and decided to have them do it. Having said that, annoyed is much different than pissed off. I have always found Alden CS to be very pleasant to deal with and the work they do on recrafts to be of a very high quality. I also realize that others feel quite differently.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Got a pleasant surprise text from FedEx this morning about a delivery from Alden Shoe Co. My Dearborns needed repaired when I sent them in for recraft. Unfortunately they ignored my note so I had to send them back. Then the pandemic hit and it feels like they've been gone forever. But they are home now and just look amazing. There are some really great cobblers out there but if you are not changing up the original specs, Alden's recraft is still the best thing going for my money. These are likely my most worn (and complimented) footwear and they were showing signs of aging. These things look as good as new and unlike some recrafts I've seen, they did not darken them too much........

View attachment 1398326View attachment 1398327View attachment 1398328View attachment 1398329

Very pleased!
They look great Shawn and glad that you eventually got the service that you requested! Agree that their price is pretty fair considering their willingness to do beyond the basics for the price, that you get the original soles, and trees...

-Mike

AEShoeMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Natty cxl tankers today
20200531_115437.jpg

Any other bourbon fans on here? My wife did a blind pour of some of my Stagg/Stagg Jr last night. 2019 Stagg, and batches 9, 12, and 13 of the Stagg Jr. Papa Stagg was a flavor explosion and my favorite of the bunch, but all were excellent. Cheers!
20200530_171420.jpg

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk

Results are only viewable after voting.