• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Trust me! Would I lie? (Don't answer that).

eqezbcibszsw44_umh8-ga-jpg.1338201
Damn, I like those.........

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Every time I go into the office (2 days/week for about 4 hours) one of the square toe/black shoe guys comments on my footwear. I keep giving them links to AoC, Brick/Mortar, Ealdwine, Brogue, TSM, Alden of Madison,Grant Stone, AE, etc......and they STILL WEAR SQUARE TOE CRAP.... it's only when the women in the office comment that any of those guys pay attention to what I'm wearing, one would think they would figure it out.....

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So finished product, to wear with Dormmeuil MTM suit patterned after a Lawerence Fellows drawing from Apparel Arts in the 1940's to do battle with the "casual Friday everyday" crowd tomorrow. Round laces to make them more "casual" which will be offset by the Albert Thursten braces :)
IMG_1049.jpeg

adrs1157

Reaction score
Ealdwine Loden boots arrived this afternoon. Thought one pix should be next to a Hunter green Brogue boot, there is a difference in color :) View attachment 1339446 View attachment 1339447 View attachment 1339448 View attachment 1339449
Loden doesn't seem like a replacement for hunter green suede. Reminds me of mushroom chamois. Nice colour, but I don't find it comparable.

The old hunter green suede is a dark but rich green. Like a deep forest green.

I really like the hunter green chamois too. Like a vibrant army green.

However, of the 3 shades, loden is definitely the most versatile. More brown undertones coming through.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Loden doesn't seem like a replacement for hunter green suede. Reminds me of mushroom chamois. Nice colour, but I don't find it comparable.

The old hunter green suede is a dark but rich green. Like a deep forest green.

I really like the hunter green chamois too. Like a vibrant army green.

However, of the 3 shades, loden is definitely the most versatile. More brown undertones coming through.
Oh, the Loden won't replace the hunter green, both are staying in the closet...Agree that the Loden is more versatile color, I will wear it to the office, where I might not wear the hunter green in that setting, but since most wear crappy square toe shoes, I might just to spite them..

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Maiden voyage of some new to me and not seen around here plain toe bal in black shell, 9341. Also, new @Sam Hober tie for a downright gorgeous dimple.

View attachment 1339267 View attachment 1339268
Keep breaking in the Utip
View attachment 1339306
Always love this makeup from Crew. Beast and good looking
View attachment 1339430
Ealdwine Loden boots arrived this afternoon. Thought one pix should be next to a Hunter green Brogue boot, there is a difference in color :) View attachment 1339446 View attachment 1339447 View attachment 1339448 View attachment 1339449
Whiskey goodness. Forgot to post these this morning.

View attachment 1339481
It's an Indy evening, while the Tarrago Nano Spray dries on the Loden boots. Another nice make-up for our good friends at Ealdwine. Reverse Tobacco Chamois. View attachment 1339486
Black cordovan 7 eyelet wingtip boots.
View attachment 1339523
So...these just came in! Beautiful dark chocolate shade, too. View attachment 1339524
Sliced open my hand trying to get the broken dishwasher out of the cabinet to replace the broken door spring (REAL appliance guy coming tomorrow morning) so with not much else to do.......getting ready for trip to office tomorrow morning to do battle with the square toe, black shoe brigade... View attachment 1339549
Trust me! Would I lie? (Don't answer that).

eqezbcibszsw44_umh8-ga-jpg.1338201
So finished product, to wear with Dormmeuil MTM suit patterned after a Lawerence Fellows drawing from Apparel Arts in the 1940's to do battle with the "casual Friday everyday" crowd tomorrow. Round laces to make them more "casual" which will be offset by the Albert Thursten braces :) View attachment 1339566
More hunter green!

Hunting Green Reverse Chamois:

c79Qybt.jpg

Hunting Green Suede:

kZbHdUw.jpg

Guys superb showing here today all!!! Fantastic showing.

-Mike

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Really love these boots. The color is warm and versatile !
I agree, they look greenish under some light, gray under other light but both with a hint of brown. Looking forward to wearing them with lots of different outfits. In fact, may scrap my plans for the perf toe boots today and just wear them to office instead, still a far cry above square toe black shoes :)

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maiden voyage of new to me shoes I picked up cheap on the 'bay because they were mislabeled.

Double dipping today with whiskey shell wingtip Wednesday. These have aged a bit since their 2014(?) manufacture date.

IMG_20200219_084710.jpg
IMG_20200219_084801.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads