• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Decided to go with these and Bill's Khakis for trip to office this morning.
IMG_1053.jpeg

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys, I have a few Alden shell cordovan pairs I would like to sell off (done with Shell cordovan!).
I have a wingtip on Plaza last and short wings on Grant last, both in size 11. Wingtips are #8 and short wings are black in color, they are worn but have plenty of life. Please pm me if you are interested in purchasing.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys, I have a few Alden shell cordovan pairs I would like to sell off (done with Shell cordovan!).
I have a wingtip on Plaza last and short wings on Grant last, both in size 11. Wingtips are #8 and short wings are black in color, they are worn but have plenty of life. Please pm me if you are interested in purchasing.

Just an FYI that there is an Alden B/S/T thread that many Alden lovers check regularly. For shoes as desirable as yours, I think you'd get a ton of interest.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@Shawnc beat me to mentioning the Alden B/S/T thread. Here is a link:

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Found out this morning that my on/off part time consulting thing is coming to an end next Monday. Have mixed feelings as liked the added $$ every month, but it was(is) taking valuable time away from retirement :) Anyway, under the desk while doing a phone conference this morning at the office.
IMG_1056.jpeg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
When one is done with shell Cordovan, one is done with life.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You nailed the dimple today!

Thanks, I think you're right! A very nice tie makes it look "oh soooo good"! Hober for the win.

I don't know how you define 'cheap' but my goodness man, those are stunning at any price. Very nice pickup.

Thank you! Really excited to have this makeup.

Well it was still a few bills, but the person had it mislabeled as "ravello calf" and some other incorrect label. Also, the sizing was listed wrong and so it didn't get nearly the attention it should have... They've darkened a bit from new whiskey, but look better than ever!

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Black cordovan 7 eyelet wingtip boots.
View attachment 1339523

Those are great! I picked a pair up off of eBay but they were torn by the welt so I had to return them. A pretty rare pair and looked amazing with the flat welt and all matching eyelets. Wish they'd run it again!

mr.invincible

Reaction score
im an idiot; i waxed my PTB the first time yesterday and i decided to do it over the creases. now there's clear white streaks. what is the best way to remove the mirror shine wax in the creases?

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found out this morning that my on/off part time consulting thing is coming to an end next Monday. Have mixed feelings as liked the added $$ every month, but it was(is) taking valuable time away from retirement :) Anyway, under the desk while doing a phone conference this morning at the office. View attachment 1339936

Unsurprisingly, nice boots but man that bag is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads