• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New acquisition today (last one for a couple of months, at least), Delmar boots from B+M. Yenni and I worked on the design of this boot together and I'm thrilled with how they turned out. We were going for a dressier u tip design and so these are on the Grant last with a 270 flat welt, double waterlock soles and all eyelets. With the Indy quarterstitch, I'm regretting not proposing that they be called Shortrounds but oh well.

20200217_161806.jpg

20200217_161825.jpg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
New acquisition today (last one for a couple of months, at least), Delmar boots from B+M. Yenni and I worked on the design of this boot together and I'm thrilled with how they turned out. We were going for a dressier u tip design and so these are on the Grant last with a 270 flat welt, double waterlock soles and all eyelets. With the Indy quarterstitch, I'm regretting not proposing that they be called Shortrounds but oh well.

View attachment 1338947

View attachment 1338948
That Grant toe box is instantly recognizable!

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1338947

View attachment 1338948
Congrats my-man. You guys crushed this one. As I've said many times, while Plaza continues to close the gap, for my money, Grant is Aldens best boot last. These are incredible.

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats my-man. You guys crushed this one. As I've said many times, while Plaza continues to close the gap, for my money, Grant is Aldens best boot last. These are incredible.
Thank you, Shawn. Couldn't agree more on Grant being the best Alden boot last (with Plaza and Barrie likely taking #2 and #3 for me). Hampton is probably up there too and it's a shame we don't see more Hampton boot makeups.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thank you, Shawn. Couldn't agree more on Grant being the best Alden boot last (with Plaza and Barrie likely taking #2 and #3 for me). Hampton is probably up there too and it's a shame we don't see more Hampton boot makeups.
Could you please do a profile comparison of Grant vs Barrie or Plaza? Curious to compare the toe height of Grant.

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could you please do a profile comparison of Grant vs Barrie or Plaza? Curious to compare the toe height of Grant.
Sure, though I'm not sure how helpful these pictures will be. My plaza NSTs have a slightly thinner sole and I suspect my thicc instep may have have lifted around the area of the boot where the tongue attaches somewhat. Also you can see Barrie has more upward curvature than the other two lasts which may make it hard to judge toe height. I initially grabbed my Barrie tankers for a closer pattern but the commando sole threw it off even more.

20200217_181520.jpg

20200217_181417.jpg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sure, though I'm not sure how helpful these pictures will be. My plaza NSTs have a slightly thinner sole and I suspect my thicc instep may have have lifted around the area of the boot where the tongue attaches somewhat. Also you can see Barrie has more upward curvature than the other two lasts which may make it hard to judge toe height. I initially grabbed my Barrie tankers for a closer pattern but the commando sole threw it off even more.

View attachment 1338998

View attachment 1338999
Thanks! That accomplished exactly what I wanted to see.
I usually toe to toe them when I'm trying to compare the vertical toe shape

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1338947

View attachment 1338948
Very nice!

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maiden voyage of some new to me and not seen around here plain toe bal in black shell, 9341. Also, new @Sam Hober tie for a downright gorgeous dimple.

IMG_20200218_084645.jpg
IMG_20200218_092058.jpg

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.