• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

smfdoc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Scotch grain

4D87E0E5-1456-4F92-8460-264DB4FFE88F.jpeg

JoeRogan

Reaction score
New acquisition today (last one for a couple of months, at least), Delmar boots from B+M. Yenni and I worked on the design of this boot together and I'm thrilled with how they turned out. We were going for a dressier u tip design and so these are on the Grant last with a 270 flat welt, double waterlock soles and all eyelets. With the Indy quarterstitch, I'm regretting not proposing that they be called Shortrounds but oh well.

View attachment 1338947

View attachment 1338948
These came out really well. I need 11.5E/12 or I'd have bought last week, but I'm looking forward to seeing that Barrie U-tip boot coming. I'm done with Indy boots, the Grant and Barrie U-tips are where it's at for me.

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These came out really well. I need 11.5E/12 or I'd have bought last week, but I'm looking forward to seeing that Barrie U-tip boot coming. I'm done with Indy boots, the Grant and Barrie U-tips are where it's at for me.
This. I'm down to one Indy. I find TB a bit snug in the instep and it tends to aggravate an old injury. My try going TTS instead of Barrie sizing at some point though. I really like Barrie NST's and U -Tips.

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This. I'm down to one Indy. I find TB a bit snug in the instep and it tends to aggravate an old injury. My try going TTS instead of Barrie sizing at some point though. I really like Barrie NST's and U -Tips.
Agreed, I generally don't have a problem with CXL or suede makeups on TB but I have to wear my Color 8 Indys with dress socks to have a bit more room in the instep, and they're even TTS. I have wide feet but TB may be my worst Alden fit so far due to the toe height. I've had much more luck with Barrie all the way down through the narrower fitting lasts.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sliced open my hand trying to get the broken dishwasher out of the cabinet to replace the broken door spring (REAL appliance guy coming tomorrow morning) so with not much else to do.......getting ready for trip to office tomorrow morning to do battle with the square toe, black shoe brigade...
IMG_1047.jpeg

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.