• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks audog.. my very first pair of Alden's post graduation.. black calf BB LHS, #8 BB Shell Tassel, BB Burgundy calf full straps. I managed Fortune 500 sales forces and these served me well in my development..

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice job (and gorgeous boots)!

Thanks my-man!

So great, @Shawnc. Very stressful doing something so invasive on your unicorns, but you nailed it. Can’t wait to see more “in the wild” pics in the near future.

Much appreciated IC. This one was a little nerve-wracking.

Amazing pair of boots! Nicely done job, my friend.
How long did it take you to get the installation done on this pair?

I'm sure you know the inspiration I was referring to was your work on the Harlech's. In my mind, they are the gold-standard on installation of lulu taps. Something to shoot for. This one was a little nerve-wracking Oscar and I moved v-e-r-y deliberately on these. I timed start to finish to be about 45 minutes.

Wow nice work! I’d be terrified to try that on my boots.
What does Aram or Bedos charge to put lulus on a pair of boots?

Much thanks my-man. The cost seems to be between $50 - $60 per pair, which quite honestly, I would not have minded paying. The problem is when you add another $20 for shipping, with the number of footwear that I wanted to do this one, it simply became cost-prohibitive. If I had a local cobbler who could handle this, I would have never gone down this path.

AUDog had me inspired with his cool tan Full Straps this week. Circ. 2016 8 straps.. no sun bleaching.. older 8 seems lighter.. View attachment 1346688 View attachment 1346689

Chip - that is easily some of the best 8 I've ever seen. I always enjoy when you post these. And just another thing we have in common is our secret desire for a whiskey fullstrap. Man that would be killer!

GGMac

Reaction score
Snuff Indy’s from Gentlemen’s Footwear again this evening. Suede is as tough as it gets if you pre-treat it properly. Hit these with Saphir Invulner before their maiden voyage and they have survived a coffee spill and a beer cheese spill with no ill effects.

9BAF984A-B9C0-494D-AF37-0EEC70AE6A8E.jpeg

duff406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On a related note, I'd dig a watch band in tobacco chamois... Anyone happen to know anyone making such a thing?

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking to dive into Alden. I currently own Viberg, but looking for a pair of loafers and chukka boots, and what Alden offers looks nicer in those categories in my opinion.
Does anyone here own either of these and can tell me how they are in person?

8728A31E-53EF-437F-ADAC-866F7EC2EE3F.png
8728A31E-53EF-437F-ADAC-866F7EC2EE3F.png
78223B19-855F-442B-91A1-3FBCF945C6CC.png

TommyB

Reaction score
Looking to dive into Alden. I currently own Viberg, but looking for a pair of loafers and chukka boots, and what Alden offers looks nicer in those categories in my opinion.
Does anyone here own either of these and can tell me how they are in person?

View attachment 1346978 View attachment 1346978 View attachment 1346979
Alden’s shell chukkas in #8 were the first Aldens I bought (about 5-6 years ago). Living in Europe, and not really buying quality footwear, I had never heard of Alden before, but when I wanted a nicer chukka than the Clarks desert boots I was wearing at the time, I started researching different chukkas and Alden’s #8 shell chukkas were (and still are) the best looking chukkas out there, in my opinion. And the #8 shell is a great and very versatile color, I wear them with anything from jeans to chinos to nicer dress pants (mine are on double leather, not commando).

Last edited:

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On a related note, I'd dig a watch band in tobacco chamois... Anyone happen to know anyone making such a thing?

You could contact Chester Mox, which does custom leather products, including watch bands. They have a relationship with the top leather producers, including Horween, so if tobacco chamois is produced by Horween, they can get it for you. The problem is that they will get a skin and making only one watch band is not financially viable, unless there is further demand for the same skin for their other products.

I have one of their smaller wallets in brown shell cordovan. The inside is grained goat. It's awesome.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Count me in. Great make up
But please consider single flex, or single leather sole. The shoe would be more elegant.

Single is looking more of a reality. I will post when it's all figured out. Do you prefer dark or light edge?

Both boots look awesome, gentlemen. I may have to explore AE a bit

Thanks! AE does some really good things and shouldn't be totally written off. Each manufacturer has their strengths.

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alden’s shell chukkas in #8 were the first Aldens I bought (about 5-6 years ago). Living in Europe, and not really buying quality footwear, I had never heard of Alden before, but when I wanted a nicer chukka than the Clarks desert boots I was wearing at the time, I started researching different chukkas and Alden’s #8 shell chukkas were (and still are) the best looking chukkas out there, in my opinion. And the #8 shell is a great and very versatile color, I wear them with anything from jeans to chinos to nicer dress pants (mine are on double leather, not commando).
Awesome. That’s kind of what I wanted. A similar aesthetic to Clark’s desert boots but high quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads